n00b with a Zenith PS2 screen

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

MacTrekkie
Steam ID:Mac_Trekkie
n00b with a Zenith PS2 screen

Post by MacTrekkie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Hello there. I've been itching to have a way to play Ace Combat 2/3 on the go for some time now, and while digging around in the garage for stuff to put on eBay, I found a Zenith PS2 screen. Upon dragging it open(due to stripped screws, it'll never be closed again, that's for sure.) I found that it was a Sony PSOne screen. Mostly. It has a nifty little microphone plug-cum-connector thing that lets the power and A/V signals go straight into the base part while the screen can swivel and detach. This is all fine and well, but I don't want to be able to detach the screen. I want it to be built into the portable. So how do I go about rewiring past that? Is it simply a matter of finding out which plug on the mic connector does what and bypassing them, then wiring same as any other PSOne screen? Or is this somewhat different? I also noticed a large capacitor on the board that's never been in any PSOne screen I've ever seen.