Seems Quiet Lately

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

rikitheshadow
Seems Quiet Lately

Post by rikitheshadow » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:31 am

I know I haven't been on in a while, but it seems pretty dead lately in Ben forums. Nothing "special" going on but besides a few members revising some of their older creations.
The Arcade hacking forums are certainly dead, nothing ever happens in there. My projects have all been put on back burner for a while; at least portable projects. A lot of users seem to have migrated to Modretro, not that I care, its the same type of forum really. I keep getting 505 errors when I try to connect to the mod showcase.

I'll see if I can spike some interest in the Arcade hacking forums with my new current project. Restoring an old SNK Neo 50 cabinet. Or err....modding it. You'll see.......

Kyosho
Portablizer

Re: Seems Quiet Lately

Post by Kyosho » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:01 am

I wish there were a way to bring the three communities back together (don't forget MODDEDbyBACTERIA). There's already people who post on all three, but there's enough animosity and weirdness and drama between a certain percentage of people that it doesn't seem doable. It's sad really. This community thrives on the knowledge it contains, and having that knowledge split between multiple places weakens it. Thins it out.

Some one could come here and ask a question that only a person on one of the other two forums knows the answer to, but since they're not here, the person asking the question doesn't get an answer. And then that hypothetical person never makes that awesome hypothetical mod or portable of awesomeness that changes the world. And if only they had that answer, and had made that project, and those events lead to others, we might not have been wiped out by the hideous race of alien crocodiles that came to eat our livers. Or whatever.

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:37 am

You just blew my friggin' mind
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:52 am

Highly doubt it

benheck members: 7158
modretro (lol) members: 1741
moddedbybacteria members: 647

(obv doesnt represent active members but you ge the point, just checking now at 9:45pm gmt +10. 26 users active on benheck, 6 on modretro, 5 on mbb

and i could safely bet that %95 plus of the members on moddedbybacteria/modretro are a subset of benheck, and on top of that probs %100 of those that aren't newbs are also a subset of benheck.

most (worklog etc.) threads on each smaller forums are cloned.

most members definitely have not migrated to modretro, and i doubt one person on the subsets knows something that anyone on benheck does. just stick to benheck and contribute to ending the nonsense of three different forums
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

DK

Post by DK » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:03 am

I'd say quite a few guys have migrated to ModRetro, I know I basically have for one.

hackmodford
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Seems Quiet Lately

Post by hackmodford » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 am

Modretro makes me feel like a traitor so I stay here :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:18 am

Things will probably pick up in the summer. That and at least 1/3 of our active posters are at Midwest Gaming Classic.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 pm

W00t. Just got back! Thanks Wally for the Nomad screen!
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Bush

Post by Bush » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Putting "LOL" after modretro doesnt ease the tension between the forums, as Kyosho was saying. Many people left here or are more active elsewhere due to the fact that no one seems to be interested in modding anymore.

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:12 pm

If you cant stand the heat, back the fudge out

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:14 pm

rikitheshadow wrote:it seems pretty dead lately in Ben forums
you think things have been slow??

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN COMRAD?

lets see...

Ccube
Zenlocs new N64P
Gamecube u
3 portable presentaion (metrolf)
cubestation
T-bergs N64P

^ to name a few

And to simply call these "revisions" of older creations is a pretty lame description. Sorry, but right now is one of the most fast paced moments for all three sites. And I haven't even mentioned what the Wiikey Fusion has caused members (including myself) to do.
Image Image

Bush

Post by Bush » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Well, there are those, but have you noticed that handheld mods are pretty much dead? Not to mention we have very few people working on portables, besides the completed ones you listed. Oh, and the only portables being worked on are pretty much the gamecube and n64. Not that thats a bad thing, but I'd say there's a lack of diversity.

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

I have just completed (possibly) the greatest gaming mod ever!
It took me just over 2 months but i got it working in the end.

BEHOLD!
THE GREATEST XBOX 360 MOD EVER!!!!
Spoiler:
its a doorstop
Thank you and good night.

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:37 am

Bush wrote:Well, there are those, but have you noticed that handheld mods are pretty much dead? Not to mention we have very few people working on portables, besides the completed ones you listed. Oh, and the only portables being worked on are pretty much the gamecube and n64. Not that thats a bad thing, but I'd say there's a lack of diversity.
psone game swork on psp ok

anything before dreamcast/n64 pretty much has china clone portable emulator devices that also function ok.

most modders are probs aged between the n64 and after

n64 has no handheld emulator

seems to make sense

just as an fyi completed portables are completed over a period of months, as they take time, and most people have work/school and therefore building time=spare time.
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:02 am

if you were to visit either mbb or modretro and check out the WIP section(s) you would see that portables are still being built from basically all console generations.
It just seems like the newer forums are now being used instead of Ben heck.