mini-NES

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

GekoMaster
mini-NES

Post by GekoMaster » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:06 am

ok please bear with me as this may turn into a long story/explanation/question.

i bought a top loading nes, when it arrived i discovered it wouldnt work with my tv, so i did an a/v mod on it, this required buying an old front loader and taking out something called FC2, now i have a working top loader and a spare front loader mobo. my question is if i put the CPU and PPU on a board what else would i need to get a working nes? this would be going into a portable/handheld.

Gaara Ichimaru

Re: mini-NES

Post by Gaara Ichimaru » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 am

GekoMaster wrote:ok please bear with me as this may turn into a long story/explanation/question.

i bought a top loading nes, when it arrived i discovered it wouldnt work with my tv, so i did an a/v mod on it, this required buying an old front loader and taking out something called FC2, now i have a working top loader and a spare front loader mobo. my question is if i put the CPU and PPU on a board what else would i need to get a working nes? this would be going into a portable/handheld.
:twisted: Everything!!!

Well basically.

You'd at least need the cpu and cart slot, controller input video and auido out alllll of those many elecrical conections.

I think it renders putting it on a different board fairly futile.

Just my opinion.
Gaara Ichimaru

GekoMaster

Re: mini-NES

Post by GekoMaster » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:08 am

Gaara Ichimaru wrote:
GekoMaster wrote:...my question is if i put the CPU and PPU on a board what else would i need to get a working nes? this would be going into a portable/handheld.
:twisted: Everything!!!

Well basically.

You'd at least need the cpu and cart slot, controller input video and auido out alllll of those many elecrical conections.

I think it renders putting it on a different board fairly futile.

Just my opinion.
cant i just the wire the controller input into the cpu?, at some point it must go into it.
where do the a/v signals come from, cpu or another chip?
id like to do SOMETHING with the mobo, other than trash it.