Titles Program, Phase One: "Portablizers"

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:38 am

ShockSlayer wrote:
Sparkfist wrote:1-2 portables earns you the title of "Portablizer"
3+ portables will earn you the title of "Portablizer Extraordinaire"
What if we have a completed project, like, in my case, a homemade gamecube sd card reader?

SS
Well I don't know if I'd consider that a portable. I'd like to see a system modification (more then a simple case mod), or something like a Treamcast (running off batteries and have it's own screen), at the very least. If you'd like submit a few suggestions for ranking for people that have done small projects like that, or I can give you the wannabe rank, your choice.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:08 am

Perhaps those who do smaller mods/mods in general could be given the title "Junior Modder" :)

CTFan

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:27 am

I haven't made a portable :oops: , but I have overclocked my GBC and built a charger into it and done some other hacks to stuff.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:31 pm

Sparkfist wrote:
ShockSlayer wrote:
Sparkfist wrote:1-2 portables earns you the title of "Portablizer"
3+ portables will earn you the title of "Portablizer Extraordinaire"
What if we have a completed project, like, in my case, a homemade gamecube sd card reader?

SS
Well I don't know if I'd consider that a portable. I'd like to see a system modification (more then a simple case mod), or something like a Treamcast (running off batteries and have it's own screen), at the very least. If you'd like submit a few suggestions for ranking for people that have done small projects like that, or I can give you the wannabe rank, your choice.
Modder - Basic project completion.
Niblet 64 - My custom title of chioce :wink:

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:51 pm

How about his, 1-5 small projects earn you the title of "Modder". 5+ earn you "Major Modder". What you you guys think?

P.S. Until Luc returns or in someway becomes a regular visitor, feel free to laugh at his new title.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:48 pm

Sparkfist wrote:How about his, 1-5 small projects earn you the title of "Modder". 5+ earn you "Major Modder". What you you guys think?

P.S. Until Luc returns or in someway becomes a regular visitor, feel free to laugh at his new title.
I think thats good, I just need to think of what I've done. What would be considered a "small project"? I've OC'd my GBC, built a charger into my GBC (those should count as two, even though their in the same GBC), LED modded a screen from a DVD player, and some more I can't think of right now.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:11 pm

Ok my completed progecktees

TGBC: My GBC With an extreme hot glue mod. (Fan handles, built in external light, shock protection hot glue spots.

Wii Mount '07: My old TV was mounted too high for my wii, so i remounted it parallel to me. I also installed a noac inside for fun.

GBC: (Ghetto boy color)Not too much of a mod, but my bro's gbc had its port destroyed so I installed a fan, new ghetto paint job, the port, and I made a new battery cover.

Gamecube sd reader: A GC/Wii sd card reader that goes into slot a to boat HB with SDLoad

Wii64 controller: A yobo n64 controller modded to work with a wii classic controller joystick. Kicks ass.

Pimp my snes v1: My bro's snes looked like crap so I painted it, installed a battery and fans.

Pics later.

f you could, I wish for a custom title, due to my love of hot glue and Niblet, I with to have the title Niblet 64, or Niblet with a hot glue gun

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:50 pm

What if I haven't made a portable? I've tried... Can I be a Techie? I know some stuff. Just not portable related.

-Super
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:50 am

gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:03 pm

you did that NES DS, :shock: that thing is awesome i remember seeing a super famicom one too
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:46 am

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:you did that NES DS, :shock: that thing is awesome i remember seeing a super famicom one too
Yeah, but the media is unreliable once again.. Other sites started posting it, and posted it wrong, so I had to edit my site and get the story right.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:32 pm

<a href="http://www.benheck.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16540">The Power Boy</a>
My first portable, a NOACp
Keep 'em peeled for my next projects! :)

whiteee

Post by whiteee » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:46 pm

csurban wrote:Here is my N64/NES pseudo portable

http://www.benheck.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14915
Great idea a multiformat portable... lots of these super joy thingymajiggys hav such small circuits (ok in comparison to the real thing...) why not cram a couple in there - especially with all the hard work you guys make with the enclosures!

PS. sorry im not posting my portalizer (or would that be portaliser over here in the UK? lol) resume but as and when i start i will.

Keep up the good work guys, even if i botch my radica/ps2 screen idea everything i have seen so far is such an interesting read/sight. You guys belong to a great community and glad to join ya - right enough ass kissing one last beer then bed...
First project = A portable arcade cabinet... practical? no... Fun? HELL YEAH!

whiteee

Post by whiteee » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:50 pm

oh and i bought bens book - great read too!
First project = A portable arcade cabinet... practical? no... Fun? HELL YEAH!

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:49 pm

I'd like a title! Now that I finally made a post about the Nintendo Stupendo being finished, I can post in this thread!

I also humbly submit my digital picture frame, as seen on <a href="http://www.instructables.com/id/EUDAPM2 ... ctables</a> and here.

Edit:
Digital picture frame numero dos!
Last edited by Life of Brian on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!