Brawl at E For All

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Skyone
Brawl at E For All

Post by Skyone » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:43 am

If anyone had a chance to make it to E For All - then hopefully you were able to get your hands on Brawl. If you unfortunately weren't able to go, bask in my going!

16-player tournament - final bracket

Stage6
YouTube

I'm the dude with the blond hair - obviously kicking ass. Sorry about the camera, my friend who was still in amazement of the game after <s>losing</s> playing in a previous bracket was shaking.

After playing several rounds of Brawl, I can completely confirm that this game is AWESOME - Sonic especially controls extremely well (even with the Wii remote on its side).

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:57 am

Dang it, The disadvantges of living way closer to the east coast than the west cost. I am glad to hear that sonic controls are good. Did you get a chance to play Snake? If so how well was his controls?
Anyways Im happy to see that you had fun. :D

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:26 am

Well your one lucky bastard.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:35 am

thats awesome
and its nice to here the game is great from someone who was into advanced tactics in melee. Did you try to do anything in the ways of the wavedash or l cancel?
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Fat D

Post by Fat D » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:52 am

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:thats awesome
and its nice to here the game is great from someone who was into advanced tactics in melee. Did you try to do anything in the ways of the wavedash or l cancel?
Wouldn't it be called B-Cancel now?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:45 pm

Question: Does links boomerang suck now, or does it still pwn?
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Weird.. I heard that Sonic controlled like crap and he was one of the weaker combatants.

I'm a lot more interested in how Snake handles more then Sonic.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Phew, ok;

@nightwheel: Snake wasn't available to play at the demo, but everyone controlled relatively good (for playing with the Wii controller only, anyway...).

@Turbo Tax 1.0: Wavedashing was very minimal if at all existent. It was very hard to execute it with the Wii remote, because of me not used to the controls yet. Same goes for canceling. However, my friend truly believes he saw a case of both while I was observing the simple awesomeness of the game!

@ShockSlayer: My friend's main is Link, and he said that the Gale Boomerang controls a lot different than he thought, but said he enjoys it just the same.

@Twisted Warthog: It's all a matter of taste. I played as Sonic twice and Fox (my old main/favorite) twice, and I believe that they ruined Fox by trying to balance him and Sonic is worthy of my new main. So again, don't judge the characters until you get your hands on the game. :P

-Skyler

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:02 pm

How's about Pikachu?

He's my character. In 64 he rocked, but he was slower and bigger in Melee. I'm 100% they re-tuned him in Brawl.
Hey, sup?

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:06 pm

@Kurt: I didn't get a chance to play as him personally, but he seemed more swift than in Melee, and his Final Smash is deadly. :D

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Woot!

What's all this final smash business anyways?
Hey, sup?

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:22 pm

Go to the Dojo to find out Kurt. :D

My main guy in both Smash Bros was Captain Falcon but they still haven't announced him yet! I'm really surprised that they announced Sonic before Captain Falcon.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:31 pm

Oh man, we played some time game on SSB64 at school today, and I spammed falcon punch. It was awesome because I tied in first (I lost sudden death, so I guess I didn't win). Spamming = n00b, but = aw3x0me fun.
Hey, sup?

extremesonic

Post by extremesonic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:38 pm

Apparently L-Canceling is automatic now(ie, you can't do it, and you just recover faster than melee), and wavedashing is impossible/useless, since you can only aerial dodge in the direction you were moving.

There are some new things found already like inkdropping and something else, but i forget the specifics on them.
SNESp - 100%
Protable X - 15% - I need money :(

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:44 pm

extremesonic wrote:
Apparently L-Canceling is automatic now(ie, you can't do it, and you just recover faster than melee), and wavedashing is impossible/useless, since you can only aerial dodge in the direction you were moving.

There are some new things found already like inkdropping and something else, but i forget the specifics on them.
so basically wavedashing can only be use effectively when landing ( I read this was how it was meant to be used in melee before)?
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4