Official Gamecube IDE/USB interface thread (PROJECT BEGUN!)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:54 am

I'd take one of these also if they were priced decently :)
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:47 pm

This looks kinda spiffeh :D

I would buy one if they were cheap, and if i had a Gamecube (I would suppose these don't work in Wii's cause of different DVD Drive Hardware)

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:40 pm

Hmm... I guess $22.50 isn't really that much... still I would try to cut off an inch on one side or something... I always design my PCBs... probably too small. :P A 3"x2" board would only cost $15. *thinks about the difference for a sec* Huh... I'm pretty cheap, aren't I? :lol:

andoba, you seem to take things such as wave soldering and PROM programming very lightly... what kind of facilities do you have, anyway? :?

Edit: BTW, did you already start routing it? There should be a spot for 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V inputs... shouldn't there? Or did I just not see them? And... how badly do we want the USB portion, anyway?

andoba

Post by andoba » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:26 pm

Electric Rain wrote:Hmm... I guess $22.50 isn't really that much... still I would try to cut off an inch on one side or something... I always design my PCBs... probably too small. :P A 3"x2" board would only cost $15. *thinks about the difference for a sec* Huh... I'm pretty cheap, aren't I? :lol:

andoba, you seem to take things such as wave soldering and PROM programming very lightly... what kind of facilities do you have, anyway? :?

Edit: BTW, did you already start routing it? There should be a spot for 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V inputs... shouldn't there? Or did I just not see them? And... how badly do we want the USB portion, anyway?
Yes, I stared routing it. And, wave soldering is easyly handmade.

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:12 pm

Okay, no big deal. I'd probably end up making my own either way. I generally hate buying things that are"pre-built" (in one way or another) that constrict me to using it the way the creator intended for me to use it. It's just how I am... it's nothing against you or anyone else, it's a weird hang-up of my own that I will probably never fully understand. :?

Anyway, did you decide who you're going to use to fab your boards? Or do you have to use the PCB123 people?

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Okay... so I re-PMed R3ason a few days ago... he's read it... but he's still ignoring me... :? I guess the old standby is true: If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. I'm gonna start adapting a TOOHF-type attitude about this and try to start developing it myself. Wish me luck, guys...

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:33 pm

Go for it!

I'll allow you to cry on my shoulder when you fail. :lol:

Good luck though, your going to need it.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:56 pm

If I had money for parts, I would not fail. There has been too much development and information flying around for me to fail. I would have this working by tomorrow if I had the parts.

Edit: I emailed the head of the GC Linux team... I really think they can help us out, and how SWEET would it be if they could add full HDD support to GC Linux! :shock: It's too bad there hasn't been any activity there in over a year... I hope they decide to get back into the GC hacking world. :P

r3ap3r

Post by r3ap3r » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 am

If you build these i will buy 30 of them. Sorry about my lack of replies, ive been moving house and working and many other things. Its great to hear how things are coming along. Cheers^_^

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:04 am

r3ap3r wrote:If you build these i will buy 30 of them.
Huh... I really wish that wasn't an exaggeration. :P (Err... it's an exaggeration... right?) I would TOTALLY build 30 of them if you were gonna buy them all. :lol:

And yeah... I'm moving too. I've only got a few days now to get out... today was SOOO busy... I cleaned our new house and packed our unfinished upstairs (AKA giant attic o' crap) all day... and part of the morning... it's 4:00AM now... I only finished about a half hour ago... >.> I am so sore and worn out... :(

I just ordered my fist copy of Vista from Microsoft's Live Club, and I'm about to order two more. Hopefully I can sell them for a good price *cough*returnthemtostoresaroundtownforfullprice*cough* so I'll have some money to FINALLY start on this project... and probably to buy a storage shed for some of our crap. (The attic in the new place isn't too big... but we do have 2.5 acres on land! :D ) So, after we get moved and I get Vista, as long as that turns out... well... we'll see. My family's behind on... some stuff... so... we're gonna need some of that money. :lol:

Sorry for the semi-blog post... at least I didn't start a new thread. This is also my thread, and it's dead ATM anyway.

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:20 am

Err...so has anyone done this yet? andoba? Rain? Seems like this topic has been neglected for a while :? My summer job kind of fell through, so it's gonna be harder for me to do this. I'm still definitely doing this, but it'll just take a bit longer. How did moving go Rain?

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:58 am

Moving sucked. Bad. I overworked myself so much that I actually blacked-out a couple times (for a few seconds). I've never been that sore in my entire life. We are also sickly behind on bills... ah, not so much bills as nearly $6,000 in back-rent and court costs (things tend to go your way when you have a lawyer... like our female dog of a landlord did) and $1,800 that we owe our NEW landlord (not really a landlord... we're leasing it... kinda like we were the other place). This new guy is REALLY cool though... we know things will be different with him. They already have been.

So... yeah... we're not doing great, but on the plus side, we live on 2.5 acres now! :) A lot of you guys probably wouldn't consider that a good thing, but we've always wanted a little bit of land to do stuff with, and we finally have it now... but, at a price. Our house is a tiny bit smaller in spots (the game room [where I'll have my workstation] is actually bigger, though) and we're a little more outside of town (about 10-15 minutes as opposed to 5). We're kinda out in the country, small cow farm behind us and all. :P But we do have neighbors, and a nice distant mountain view from the front and a little bit in the back of our house. Most importantly: We can still get cable internet here! :D We can't afford a riding mower, and that 2.5 acres is all grass... sooo... I'm thinking about bulding my own remote-controlled lawnmower. :lol: Seriously. If I ever have the money for THAT, I'm gonna seriously deck it out. Stereoscopic camera and all. :twisted:

Anyway, as you would expect, the project is completely dead for me ATM. I am so sick of being poor. :cry:

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:45 am

Well I have 3 Zunes, Vista, 16 controllers and a lot more coming in the mail. Maybe I could help with so,e funding if it all comes. :lol:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Electric Rain wrote:So... yeah... we're not doing great, but on the plus side, we live on 2.5 acres now! :) A lot of you guys probably wouldn't consider that a good thing, but we've always wanted a little bit of land to do stuff with, and we finally have it now... but, at a price.
I would personally love to have at least an acre of land. Right now we have about a quarter of an acre, but I'd love to have your 2.5. Space to set up an ATV track would be great, but you'd never see me on the forums because I'd be riding or working for gas money.

r3ap3r

Post by r3ap3r » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:36 am

Electric Rain wrote:
r3ap3r wrote:If you build these i will buy 30 of them.
Huh... I really wish that wasn't an exaggeration. :P (Err... it's an exaggeration... right?) I would TOTALLY build 30 of them if you were gonna buy them all.
Nope no exaggeration. You build 30 working chips and i will send you $600, or i could try it my self and build them, because i have a friend that makes PCBs and he could make them and i would send one to Electric Rain and TOOHF. This would open doors in making GCps. So i need info on what to do. like what info needs to be loaded onto the chip and what do i exactly need to make it. Cheers for now^_^