N64 Liuhu Edition

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Liuhuparta
Re: Portable Nintendo 64 Rumble (PN64R)

Post by Liuhuparta » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:52 am

Yeah, the buttons are in their holes. It took more than five hours to get the front piece to that condition. I bought white plastic so I don't need to paint it. I like white.

E: I just tried to cram everything inside the case and it will be very tight in there. Looks bad because of the thumb stick and the batteries. Hopefully I come up with a solution for that.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 am

I love it!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

zealot2009

Post by zealot2009 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:28 am

I think this battery will work for you http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Battery-for- ... .m63.l1177 it ships to Finland and its English

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:45 am

What are the total dimensions now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Liuhuparta

Re: N64 Liuhu Edition

Post by Liuhuparta » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 am

zealot2009 wrote:I think this battery will work for you http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Battery-for- ... .m63.l1177 it ships to Finland and its English
Thanks, but I don't need batteries anymore.
thewise1 wrote:What are the total dimensions now?
Let's see.

Width 23,0 cm
Height 13,8 cm excluding shoulder buttons
Thickness 5,8 cm excluding buttons

I sanded a bit more of the edges of the case and made that little metal support for cart connector. It must be able to stand a lot of stress when switching the game. I also drilled the hole for charging plug. You can see it above the drill bit in the picture.

Once again I change the name of the beast. This time for good. Bacteria will print me nice logo which I stick between the speaker holes.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Very nice job, definitely good work!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:18 pm

I just have to ask:
Where did you get the name Liuhu? I know it's from your user name, but does it mean something?
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724

zealot2009

Post by zealot2009 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Liuhuparta wrote:
zealot2009 wrote:I think this battery will work for you http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Battery-for- ... .m63.l1177 it ships to Finland and its English
Thanks, but I don't need batteries anymore.
thewise1 wrote:What are the total dimensions now?
Let's see.

Width 23,0 cm
Height 13,8 cm excluding shoulder buttons
Thickness 5,8 cm excluding buttons

I sanded a bit more of the edges of the case and made that little metal support for cart connector. It must be able to stand a lot of stress when switching the game. I also drilled the hole for charging plug. You can see it above the drill bit in the picture.

Once again I change the name of the beast. This time for good. Bacteria will print me nice logo which I stick between the speaker holes.
Awesome job there I really like the clean case design.
Oh and BTW I posted batterys because I only read your first post.

Liuhuparta

Post by Liuhuparta » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:34 am

64M320N3 wrote:I just have to ask:
Where did you get the name Liuhu? I know it's from your user name, but does it mean something?
This is very hard to explain but I'll give it a try. Liuhuparta is a nomination for one person in one book. Parta is finnish word and means beard (which I don't have :P) and liuhu really isn't a real word, but it means "swing" or something close to that.

Simply put Liuhuparta is my nickname and Liuhu is that for short.

Liuhuparta

Post by Liuhuparta » Fri May 22, 2009 9:07 am

Hey, I'm not dead. I just didn't have the motivation at all, but now I'm back.

The beast is almost ready, but now I encountered another freaky problem. The B and C up don't work for some odd reason. The voltage is only about 1 on both of those as it should be 3,3. Other buttons work like usual and it's driving me nuts. Have anyone countered anything similiar? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

codeman

Post by codeman » Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm

I've never encountered the button problem you're having, but I did have something similar to your joystick problem. You don't have an oscilloscope available to you by any chance do you? The problem I had was there was a lot of noise on the joystick lines because my switching regulator was in very close proximity to my controller board. So mario would twitch because of random false readings. You might be able to fix the problem by putting very small capacitors from the middle of the potentiometer pins to ground. By small I mean something in the range of 500 pico-farads (pF) to 1000 pico-farads. That cleaned up the noise enough for me, maybe it'll work for you?
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

"Say, what does this button do?"

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Liuhuparta

Post by Liuhuparta » Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 am

I tried to change some capasitors onthe controller board and add one as codeman suggested without any success. This is looking really bad and the only solution I can come up with right now is a new controller board. I'm starting to hate this project more as days pass by.

My next modding project will be some easy and small thing with a lot of space to mess around. It's annoying to try to fit everything to ass small package as possible.

Any more tips and tricks?

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Sat May 23, 2009 7:52 am

you could sell what you have done so far to me and I will finish it :lol: :lol:

Liuhuparta

Post by Liuhuparta » Mon May 25, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm pretty positive that the circuit of the controller is broken a bit. Because of that, my upcoming army and couple of other things I'm putting this on hold for some time. Don't be afraid though — I will finish this, but probably after army.

I are sorry.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Mon May 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Liuhuparta wrote:I'm pretty positive that the circuit of the controller is broken a bit. Because of that, my upcoming army and couple of other things I'm putting this on hold for some time. Don't be afraid though — I will finish this, but probably after army.

I are sorry.
You have an army? Are you going to take over the world? Will you kill me if I inform my superiors?

That's sad that you won't get it finished soon. It was going so good!