NeoGeo Console

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp
NeoGeo Console

Post by Rekarp » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Here is something that I am just recently wrapping up. So I decided to share it with yall.

The "green" light is supposed to be white light. Stupid camera...

Well all thats left is to wrap up some loose ends inside the case and install a S-Video Jack on the back.

Unfortunately I didn't get anything done on my SNESp this weekend because of this.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:25 pm

That "green" light is actually "blue" and you are "colorblind" and have "lupus."

Couldn't resist, sorry. :P That's really awesome though! The underglow really gives it an alienish look, is that cold cathode?

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:37 pm

Unless he's talking about the inner light which looks green from the PCB I think :P

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:55 pm

gannon wrote:Unless he's talking about the inner light which looks green from the PCB I think :P
Oh. :P

Didn't see that one, looks nice. Can you open it so we can see the insides?

Rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Skyone wrote:
gannon wrote:Unless he's talking about the inner light which looks green from the PCB I think :P
Oh. :P

Didn't see that one, looks nice. Can you open it so we can see the insides?
NO my secrets All mine!!!

j/k yah I will crack it open monday and take some pictures. Its the inner light thats supposed to be white in real life. The white light is a cathode and the blue is 2 LED's
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: NeoGeo Console

Post by vskid » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:11 am

Rekarp wrote:yall
You really are from Texas. :P

Looks real nice, are the blue LEDs just pointed at a plexiglass sheet to get that effect?

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Wow, that's awesome! :D The LED's make it look very sleek. One question, though; what's up with the motherboard overhang?

CTFan

Rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:20 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:One question, though; what's up with the motherboard overhang?
The metal case is actually the RF shielding that encloses the MVS board while inside the Arcade machine. The motherboard juts out so you can adjust the dip switches and unplug the jamma connector without removing the shielding.

You really are from Texas.
I ain't no yankee boy for sure. :wink:
Looks real nice, are the blue LEDs just pointed at a plexiglass sheet to get that effect?
I drilled 2 holes in the back side of the plexi and set the leds inside it.

The wood master

arfink

Post by arfink » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:57 am

Mmmm, that's reeeal purdy there pardner. I think the cold cathode is a nice touch, and the Neo Geo has always been my favourite. BTW, what encoder did you use for the video output? Is it just a neobitz in a plastic box? I thought that might be what it is based on the size of the box it was in, but I'm not sure. I have also been working on a project like this, but I am having difficulty with my encoder; probably needs some shielding is what I think. Either that or my Neo Geo has video problems, which would be a big bummer.

Also, thanks for showing the insides of your unit. I have asked some of the guys on the Neo-Geo.com forums to do that, and they act like the world will crash down on them if they reveal the secret innards of their consoles. Actually, my theory is that either their wiring is really messy inside, or they are afraid that if peons like myself was the insides we would decide that we could build our own instead of buying one from them.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

Rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:24 pm

arfink wrote:Actually, my theory is that either their wiring is really messy inside, or they are afraid that if peons like myself was the insides we would decide that we could build our own instead of buying one from them.
This is true and the reason why there isn't an online How To on it. That is till I make one 8)
The wood master

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:53 am

man that thing is so cool! Go and get your self a copy of super spy now
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:49 am

HOLY SNAP! That thing is cool man!
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

dj-spuddy

Post by dj-spuddy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:10 am

Awesome Job Rekarp, Hmmmm now if I only had a Neo Geo...
Meh... So I don't post much?

Me =
Here

PeglegJimmy

Post by PeglegJimmy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:44 am

SHHHHWWEEEEEET! That thing owns! Great job on that.