Vacuum Case Needed

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

xriverfalconx
Vacuum Case Needed

Post by xriverfalconx » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:56 pm

If I were to give someone the dimensions for a case, would anyone create it? Of course I would pay you for your services...I just need to know if anyone is willing to do it and for how much.

I probably would get this to you in the next 2 weeks most likely.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:18 pm

i may do it
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:42 pm

this should be in the trading post... :roll:
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

Kai

Post by Kai » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:48 pm

indeed
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:
I've build some connectors for disk and keyboard, the screen has been taken apart and the case has been modded a bit

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:54 pm

o and dont bother asking dkap cause he makes cases for no one

imagine how much money he would make if he sold cases
snesp mk4

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:13 pm

you should ask triton, he does that that kind of stuff
ImageImage

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:49 pm

o and dont bother asking dkap cause he makes cases for no one

Really, dkap wouldn't make that much money. He has provide the plastic, make the molds, insert the proper controls and screen riser, provide the back plate with screw posts, and ship it back to you. His prices would have to be high to make it profitable. And its understandable to not want people to have portables similar to his own. When you see his portables you KNOW they are his creations.

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:05 pm

daguuy wrote:you should ask triton, he does that that kind of stuff
i dont think he does it anymore
you should check
snesp mk4

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:09 pm

I figured since this had to do with cases, that this would be the proper place to post this. Oh well...

Turbo, if you wouldn't mind doing it, then I'll gladly give you my money especially since you replied first. Why throw your business away? Do you have a general price or does it depend on what is being done?

dkap01

Post by dkap01 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:41 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:o and dont bother asking dkap cause he makes cases for no one

The reason that I dont make case's for everyone is it take's a lot of time to do them. If I was to take on all the job's that i've been asked too, I wouldn't be able to make my case's. The case's might look simple but there a little harder to then you might think. Ask anyone who has made a case by vacuum forming, how many time's it took to get the case just right..... atkafighter is right, if I was to make case's I would charge a lot.... I would just build a vacuum table, make a clay mold and make my own. Because one of the things I like best is making my own case's. That way it's done the way I like and everyone knows my work... If I get in the case building business I let everyone know...

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:13 am

dkap01 wrote:
Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:o and dont bother asking dkap cause he makes cases for no one

The reason that I dont make case's for everyone is it take's a lot of time to do them. If I was to take on all the job's that i've been asked too, I wouldn't be able to make my case's. The case's might look simple but there a little harder to then you might think. Ask anyone who has made a case by vacuum forming, how many time's it took to get the case just right..... atkafighter is right, if I was to make case's I would charge a lot.... I would just build a vacuum table, make a clay mold and make my own. Because one of the things I like best is making my own case's. That way it's done the way I like and everyone knows my work... If I get in the case building business I let everyone know...
i see your point hows your GC case coming along :D
snesp mk4

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:34 am

dkap01 wrote:

You stingy mother f... :lol: jk! lol

Seriously though, how did you make YOUR vacuum forming case? I tried reading a bit about it and it still confuses me on what materials are needed and how you set it up and so on. Can you provide a step by step tutorial (simple, doesn't need to be extravagent) but explain the key details. Just don't say,"buy this part, and assemble on your own. You now have a machine." :P

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:35 pm

there are a couple of guides on PoD....I see that dkap01 actually kind of made both in his :P...btw, dkap01, what thickness plastic do you use? I think I remember you saying it was 1/8", but I'm not sure...I use 3/32", and that's a tad too thin :(....luckily (kind of) all my plastic has run out so I can try 1/8" plastic if it works well :)
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!