Mounting Batteries Internally

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
Mounting Batteries Internally

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat May 13, 2006 9:38 pm

For my new case, I'm going to be mounting my RC car battery on the inside of the case. However, I'm questioning how to mount it on the inside. I have EXACTLY enough room for the battery, so making a separate case out of engraving plastic or something is out of the question. I was thinking about using velcro, but that would suck if it came detached. Then I was thinking hot glue, but then I realized how warm the battery gets; would the hot glue melt? Would velcro hold strong enough? Or, do you guys have any ideas/past experiences in this field that you could enlighten me on?

Thanks,
CTFan

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun May 14, 2006 11:52 am

radio shack has some special 3M velcro that would probably work. It's about 20 times stronger than normal velcro because instead of a hook and loop, it has a bunch of "balls on sticks" that interconnect tightly. Go look at it and you;ll see what I mean.

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Mon May 15, 2006 7:33 pm

if you have exactly enough room in the case why do you need something to hold it down

XFactor

Post by XFactor » Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm

Because if you let the batteries flop around, you could damage the PCB circuit; plus, it's a N64p, not a moraca. The battery would make noise when handled because it's not sufficently anchored.
Kurt_ wrote:Why not try this:
1) Slap your friend across the face for buying an ipod. They're made to fail after a year or two, regardless of how well you care for them.
2) Slap him again.
3) Go buy him a Creative Zen or something.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:04 pm

not if you have "just enough" room so that something is pushing against it, i just laydown hotglue in each of the corners and it works fine
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu May 25, 2006 6:50 pm

Nail it on. :P

Why not jsut pad it with some cloth to prevent wobble?
Hey, sup?

Da Shimsta

DEE DEE DEE

Post by Da Shimsta » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:23 am

i also make battle bots (the robots that fight each other) We screw down 2 pieces of velcro and then velcro the batterys in.

It works perfectly

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:31 pm

wow

dman762000

Post by dman762000 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:11 pm

hey guys, don't want to play mod here but, seriously, seriously old thread here try not to bump

Gamerdude

Post by Gamerdude » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:42 pm

If you do have enough room for it to rattle I would reccomend making a padded case to place the battery in. It could be made out of thin plastic.

Another idea I have is to use one of those really sticky double sided foam like things to hold down your battery. I have used these countless times to hold down cold cathode and EL Wire inverters. I do not know exactly what they are called but I know 3M makes them along with other countless companies but I do not reccomend the removeable ones for a large battery. I like the "permanet" ones which can still be removed but might leave a little on the pad left on but it can be scraped off.

I hope this has helped you. :)