Lucid Dreaming

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Thornwillow

Post by Thornwillow » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:43 am

I still havent had much luck, i am having a lot of luck with Dream Recalling tho, i keep a dream journal for that so i remember them.

totokan

Post by totokan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:15 pm

Thornwillow wrote:I still havent had much luck, i am having a lot of luck with Dream Recalling tho, i keep a dream journal for that so i remember them.
Well, remember, that's always the first step. Good dream recall can lead to your discovery of patterns, making it easier to come up with times you should do a R.C. :)
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:40 pm

Occasionally, when my alarm clock goes off (and it's a loud, beeping one), my dream will simply incorporate the alarm noise into the dream, causing me to be sleeping, but very annoyed :P. The same thing has happened to me when listening to music, or when watching TV, though that's not as frequent.

I remember once where in the dream there was some bird or something squawking in time with the beeps, and my dream went on normally, but it was incredibly annoying. Those are the only times I've ever experienced any "wierd" dreams...
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

totokan

Post by totokan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:44 pm

Gamelver wrote:Occasionally, when my alarm clock goes off (and it's a loud, beeping one), my dream will simply incorporate the alarm noise into the dream, causing me to be sleeping, but very annoyed :P. The same thing has happened to me when listening to music, or when watching TV, though that's not as frequent.

I remember once where in the dream there was some bird or something squawking in time with the beeps, and my dream went on normally, but it was incredibly annoying. Those are the only times I've ever experienced any "wierd" dreams...
The only time that happens to me is if I fall asleep on the couch in front of a tv.
If that happens a lot, you might want to consider changing your alarm's time.

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:41 pm

Hey, try sleeping while your brothers are watching 40 year-old virgin! Weird dreams will happen...

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:31 pm

Gamelver wrote:Occasionally, when my alarm clock goes off (and it's a loud, beeping one), my dream will simply incorporate the alarm noise into the dream, causing me to be sleeping, but very annoyed :P. The same thing has happened to me when listening to music, or when watching TV, though that's not as frequent.

I once had the horse derby theme as my alarm clock, and one time I had a dream where I was at a horserace and it was playing in the backround.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:58 pm

I do that whenever I have to have an alarm clock (which is barely ever, my mom wakes me up because I'm a very sound sleeper). And I havent had a lucid dream yet but I am getting better dream recall.

Regards

totokan

Post by totokan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:20 pm

How do you increase your Dream Recall? Personally, I try and keep a dream journal, not doin' to good, though.

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:47 pm

I haven't done anything like a Dream Journal I just try to keep it in my memory.

Regards and I may try the Dream Journal thing but some dreams I wouldn't want to right down :oops:

Thornwillow

Post by Thornwillow » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:13 am

[quote="totokan"]How do you increase your Dream Recall? Personally, I try and keep a dream journal, not doin' to good, though.[/quote]

I just think while i goto sleep "I will dream and i will know that i am in a dream." Until i fall asleep, that technique is called MILD for Lucid Dreaming, MILD stands for something but i cant remember what i stands for. And im still having no luck with Lucid Dreaming :(

[quote="Bay_Wolf"]I haven't done anything like a Dream Journal I just try to keep it in my memory.

Regards and I may try the Dream Journal thing but some dreams I wouldn't want to right down :oops:[/quote]

Lol, same here. Usially on times like that I change the dream around or take out parts, i mean i keep it the same just different, lol.

Last night was Night 3, and Night 1 i had 2 dreams for the DJ, and Night 2 1 dream for the DJ, and night 3 was 2 dreams! I also had one dream for taking a nap, but i think i am doing good with Dream recall.

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:31 am

I have no trouble with dream recalling.
If it's anything interesting, I remember it when I wake up.

I remember a dream I had in fifth grade where I was a Pokemon trainer in that haunted tower place. :roll:
I remember a dream from about a year ago where a was an undead mobster working for the Godfather. (easily the coolest dream I've ever had).

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:34 pm

I had a Pokemon dream too. But it was when I was playing Blue Version, and Picachu was blue. :lol: And pixelated.

-Super
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:38 pm

totokan wrote:

The only time that happens to me is if I fall asleep on the couch in front of a tv.
If that happens a lot, you might want to consider changing your alarm's time.
what, and wake up later, or not go to school :P ?
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

totokan

Post by totokan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:00 pm

Thornwillow wrote:
totokan wrote:How do you increase your Dream Recall? Personally, I try and keep a dream journal, not doin' to good, though.
I just think while i goto sleep "I will dream and i will know that i am in a dream." Until i fall asleep, that technique is called MILD for Lucid Dreaming, MILD stands for something but i cant remember what i stands for. And im still having no luck with Lucid Dreaming :(

Bay_Wolf wrote:I haven't done anything like a Dream Journal I just try to keep it in my memory.

Regards and I may try the Dream Journal thing but some dreams I wouldn't want to right down :oops:
Lol, same here. Usially on times like that I change the dream around or take out parts, i mean i keep it the same just different, lol.

Last night was Night 3, and Night 1 i had 2 dreams for the DJ, and Night 2 1 dream for the DJ, and night 3 was 2 dreams! I also had one dream for taking a nap, but i think i am doing good with Dream recall.
Cool. Also, MILD is Mneumonic (sp?) Induction of Lucid Dreaming

Kenny_McCormic

Post by Kenny_McCormic » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:29 pm

i almost had it today then my dad woke me up for school