New here... PICTURES!

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

HANDHELDLOVER
Location:There is another place besides behind my monitor?!? O MY GOD you kiss your mother with that mouth???

Post by HANDHELDLOVER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:59 pm

Not sure yet but a lot of people seem to be doing a GCp. You think i should just do this? Buying a gamecube isn't really a big deal. They are generally cheap, So you think this is a go for?

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:02 pm

HANDHELDLOVER wrote: i noticed that you said that you built your first project under 40$ how did you complete this task? that's amazing!
Well, I did have a lot of the parts aleady. Really all I had to buy was a desoldering iron ($10), solder ($2), bondo($3), sandpaper($5 worth), paint ($10), and a hot glue gun ($10, sticks included). Take a gander at my website for how I did my PSP. It's pretty easy, because a lot of things I did are optional (second player control port, placement of the start, select, wiring second memory card slot as first player slot, analog sticks, etc), and not too much soldering is required (not to mention its cheap). The case takes a lot of effort, but its pretty nice (at least I think so). It's not like Ben's, but more like a breed between Ben's and Dkap01's portables. Not quite vacuumformed like Dkap01's, but not the cool industrial look of Ben's either. Hard to explain.
EDIT:
HANDHELDLOVER wrote:Not sure yet but a lot of people seem to be doing a GCp. You think i should just do this? Buying a gamecube isn't really a big deal. They are generally cheap, So you think this is a go for?
I thought cost was a factor for you. The GCP is definitely going to be a costly project. If I ever did one (god forbid. Its so intimidating) it might break the $100 mark for me (and I haven't done that yet). I would say go for it, but there is no faster way to lost intrest in this hobby then to constantly come up short (as far as money goes).

HANDHELDLOVER
Location:There is another place besides behind my monitor?!? O MY GOD you kiss your mother with that mouth???

Post by HANDHELDLOVER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:05 pm

I will have a looky at your site. However do you think i should just do a GCp? (see first post second page)

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:10 pm

no, because they are very hard! just make sometyhing simple!
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

HANDHELDLOVER

Post by HANDHELDLOVER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:14 pm

something simple such as............................................................................... a psone portable or possibly an NES portable?
i would rather go with the psone portable. but whatever is more worthwhile... and cheaper :lol:

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:15 pm

Too many periods!

HANDHELDLOVER

Post by HANDHELDLOVER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:18 pm

Thank you for that................................................................................................................................................................................................................... .. better? :D :lol:

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:19 pm

if you want GC, go for it :D
ImageImage

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:23 pm

on your budget i would say its gonna take you some time to get the money for a GCp and you dont know if and how many things you may or may not fry

Psone screen- 30-60$
GC- 10- 50$
batteries- it depends but mine were 40$
controller- 15$(ifv you want it landscape like mine and gamelvers)
much random crap- 20$
so probly at least 200$ to make it about
Last edited by Turbo Tax 1.0 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

HANDHELDLOVER

Post by HANDHELDLOVER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:24 pm

daguuy wrote:if you want GC, go for it :D
Thanks for your support! However... I have never built a portable system before and all this is a little confusing for me. Many have recomended starting something out easier, such as a psone. Heck i wouldn't mind that only i'm having some trouble with finances. I get an allowance of 10 $ a week and i have 15$ right now sooooooo i need a cool cheap project. Time of course, is no matter

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:28 pm

the easyist would have to be the NOAC (nes on a chip)

HANDHELDLOVER

Post by HANDHELDLOVER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:29 pm

MilkMonster wrote:the easyist would have to be the NOAC (nes on a chip)
i have no idea what an NOAC is :oops:

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:30 pm

NES on a chip. check out ben's 1st NOAC portable to find out more
ImageImage

HANDHELDLOVER

Post by HANDHELDLOVER » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:35 pm

ahhh that's it ok well i suppose i'm going to go with the psonep. This is a good choice right? ALSO what are my chances of of ruining this thing (frying, burning, screwing it up) the first time?

P.S. Is this really going to be difficult?

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:43 pm

Hey I came here for pics, wutta ripoff! :evil: :P

NOAC's are very durable. I had mine laying around, getting moved, touched etc, and it still functioned 100%. Also, with my new pinout file it's very easy to wire a NOAC up.