New paint job! PICS!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

atkafighter
New paint job! PICS!

Post by atkafighter » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:49 pm

Nothing much only a new paint job. Sorry if this seems spammy.

APE ESCAPE!!!

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:51 pm

looks pretty nice, i like the flat white, its pretty similar to thye psone paint job, but, ehhhh...
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

damphool

Post by damphool » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:58 pm

Suite! Can't believe how good that display looks. Makes me wonder if I am going to be kicking myself over the LED mod >=(

damphool

Post by damphool » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:03 pm

Speaking of the LED mod, what are you using to power that beast & what kind of run-time do you get?

G-force

Post by G-force » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:03 pm

Nice... It is like a beautiful white rose. Can I french kiss it? Please? :P

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the comments. About the LED mod as you can tell it is not a modded screen. The screen is very vibrant, its as good (if not better) than the real PSP lcd. As far as battery life I think I get about an hour. I haven't done an official time yet, but its enough for me to beat Arcade mode of Tekken 3 about three times.
Thanks again
Atkafighter

thejellydude

Post by thejellydude » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:14 am

Hey, I'm a new user, and I have one quick question, how old do you think I would have to be in order to make a ps1p, or dare I say it, Ps2p. Also, how would I be able to make a good casing? Is there a store or something? If not, how do I make it? And finally, for those experts out there, on a ps1p, would it be possible to also add dvd funtionality, like adding dvd components or something?

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:28 am

It really doesn't matter how old you are, but more how much you are willing to learn. I started with electronics when I was 8, and if I had the internet back then I would have a huge advantage. Thankfully you do have that advantage.
Ben says that the PS2p was the hardest project he's made, and that carries a lot of weight coming from him. If you made a PS1 portable, it can only play games and audio cds. I think there was a MPEG-1 decrompessor kit that allowed you to play Video CDs, but thse are basically non-existent now.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:31 am

Age is not a factor when it comes to portablizing. As long as you're allowed to use tools like a soldering iorn and a saw (or if you can get an adult to help you), then you're good to go!

The disc-based systems (PSone PStwo Gamecube) are a bit more challenging than the old cartridge-based systems (NES SNES Genesis), because of the spinning disc and the power it takes to make it work. If you're unsure about your abilities, go with a SNES or even an N64. (but watch out because most N64s fry easily)

Sorry, but no you can't modify your PSone to play DVDs. It just doesn't hae the hardware to support them. However you can install a mod chip which would let you play VCDs (CDs that act like DVDs), but the playback kinda stinks.

As far as cases go, you can make one out of plastic like the hand-built cases from the book, you can use a vacumn-form machine, you can modify the cases your console is built into (aka "frankensteining"), or you can use a Radio Shack project box. Basically whatever you want to use, as long as it's durable, can be made into a case. (But remember that the cases will be at least as big as the original console unless you're making an Atari 2600p)

The best thing you can do is read around the forums (and of course Ben's portable pages) and see what would fit you best.

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:16 pm

The most important factors I think in making a PS1p, are, experience, being very careful, and Having lots of money, for when you almost certainly break it.
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:35 pm

thejellydude wrote:Hey, I'm a new user, and I have one quick question, how old do you think I would have to be in order to make a ps1p, or dare I say it, Ps2p?

Well at least the age where you know how to spell your name, and tie your shoes :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I made my first NES-P when I was 12. (But I forgot to mention Id had some electronics experience prior to that) I modded my atari to have compostie video about 2 months before (I think). That was my first thing i soldered!!!!

So yeah just make shure you have the dough to pay for all of the sthuff. We can help on any questions you have (But remember, its always better to learn it, not following mindless commands!)
Making XNA Games in C#.

paul4990

Post by paul4990 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:11 pm

I started soldering at 4~ and built a now dead noacp yesterday, and ordered a nomad today

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:01 pm

thejellydude wrote:Hey, I'm a new user, and I have one quick question, how old do you think I would have to be in order to make a ps1p, or dare I say it, Ps2p. Also, how would I be able to make a good casing? Is there a store or something? If not, how do I make it? And finally, for those experts out there, on a ps1p, would it be possible to also add dvd funtionality, like adding dvd components or something?
Age means nothing to a true Gamer. :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:36 pm

Where's the start and select buttons?

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:10 pm

don't bring up old threads