anyone think sony will try to steal the REV's controller?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

MasterChieff44

Post by MasterChieff44 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:31 am

Lucretius wrote:MF, you are a giddy little fool how will put himself into welfare following this failing, senile company. Nintendo is Atari.

Why do you think the Rev Controller is so great? I've given my reasons why it sucks. Try a list format, works for me...
Here you go luc,

1. It adds more depth into gameplay. The controls are more intuitive and easier to use. A small list...

RTS games are possible. just point, press a, drag, release. move the screen with analog, z1 and z2 zoom, hit b to bring up the equivalent of a right click menu, and select attack with a. the possibilities! FPS-strafe with analog, turn with remote. a to shoot. Madden- hike by pressing a. drop back with analog stick. go into scramble mode with z1 to lose the lineman chasing you. release z1, turn the remote to turn that new passer view thing, and throw the remote (without letting go, obviously) as hard as you feel you need to throw the ball. everything is so intuitive, if you just think about it. warioware and mario party are going to be like never before. mario will jump by flicking up the remote. Luigi's mansion (never played it, is it fun ?)- you use the remote as a flashlight like in the video. Fighting games- one remote in each hand can punch, along with button combinations for special moves. Zelda and Star Wars games- slash with remote.

2. It's EXTREMELY innovative and shows that Nintendo has balls. Huge, manly balls. This is likely to...Revolutionize the game industry.

3. Like someone else said, the only difference Sony and M$ make with their systems is better graphics, better graphics. The gamecube had very nice graphics, a la Twilight Princess and RE4 but it just took too long. Now they improve the graphics of course as every system should do, but instead of marking it up 250 bucks for more power, they innovate and put the gamer into the game moreso than better graphics does.

4. It's sexy. Apple sexy. I love it.

my only concern is that in all recent pictures, none have had the name revolution. gamecube failed because it came out too late and had no 3rd party support, and was released in purple and it was called the revolution. all those problems have been solved so far for the revolution, except for the name. please don't call it GameRectangularPrism.

oh and EB told me they'd give me 20 bucks fo my gamecube, so instead, when i buy the rev ill empty out my gamecube and use it as a lunchbox.

Current Projest: SnesP
Stage: eBay

Motoman

Post by Motoman » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:07 pm

Whats a bit ironic tho is that the day Nintendo showed the Revs controller sony stated that the PS3's controller wasnt final :wink:

"Living After Midnight"

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:11 pm

yes because bouth know that they suck... curent and next gen systems all suck to much crap and not enough games. the batarang is not going to help sony and they know it, nintendo has finaly found away to get a way from there kids toy image by dropping out of the console market and x-box has put out more of a pc than ever before!!!

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Heres what they should do:
NR- get new more normal controller
PS3- new controller, and lover price to $300
X360- die
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:13 pm

Why the rev has a fine controller your just scared of change or moving when you play the rev but I like how the 360 can die :)

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:13 pm

MasterChieff44 wrote:
Lucretius wrote:MF, you are a giddy little fool how will put himself into welfare following this failing, senile company. Nintendo is Atari.

Why do you think the Rev Controller is so great? I've given my reasons why it sucks. Try a list format, works for me...
Here you go luc,

1. It adds more depth into gameplay. The controls are more intuitive and easier to use. A small list...

RTS games are possible. just point, press a, drag, release. move the screen with analog, z1 and z2 zoom, hit b to bring up the equivalent of a right click menu, and select attack with a. the possibilities! FPS-strafe with analog, turn with remote. a to shoot. Madden- hike by pressing a. drop back with analog stick. go into scramble mode with z1 to lose the lineman chasing you. release z1, turn the remote to turn that new passer view thing, and throw the remote (without letting go, obviously) as hard as you feel you need to throw the ball. everything is so intuitive, if you just think about it. warioware and mario party are going to be like never before. mario will jump by flicking up the remote. Luigi's mansion (never played it, is it fun ?)- you use the remote as a flashlight like in the video. Fighting games- one remote in each hand can punch, along with button combinations for special moves. Zelda and Star Wars games- slash with remote.

2. It's EXTREMELY innovative and shows that Nintendo has balls. Huge, manly balls. This is likely to...Revolutionize the game industry.

3. Like someone else said, the only difference Sony and M$ make with their systems is better graphics, better graphics. The gamecube had very nice graphics, a la Twilight Princess and RE4 but it just took too long. Now they improve the graphics of course as every system should do, but instead of marking it up 250 bucks for more power, they innovate and put the gamer into the game moreso than better graphics does.

4. It's sexy. Apple sexy. I love it.

my only concern is that in all recent pictures, none have had the name revolution. gamecube failed because it came out too late and had no 3rd party support, and was released in purple and it was called the revolution. all those problems have been solved so far for the revolution, except for the name. please don't call it GameRectangularPrism.

oh and EB told me they'd give me 20 bucks fo my gamecube, so instead, when i buy the rev ill empty out my gamecube and use it as a lunchbox.
That's fine! At least someone has reasons! That's something I can respect! Although change balls to "lack of marketing smarts" and I'd beforced to totally agree with you. I simply don't think people will bite. But once again, Time will tell, not us...
-Luke

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:14 pm

By the way sorry for being a noobie fanboy luc... :(

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:16 pm

Meh, I was once. It feels nice, but it's not good to be one. You gotta look at the full picture. Look at what everyone is saying. The look at what they aren't saying. Makes things easier to predict and understand...
-Luke

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:18 pm

I just wan't to see all the ad ons for the controller... that might help everyone.

MM007

Post by MM007 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:45 pm

You know...I thought the NGC controller would be nasty and awkward, but it isn't. It's actually comfortable. You have to also remember that it is possible that they have TEAMS of people finding the best controller configurations possible. In short...

I've learned to try to withhold judgement on how sucky a controller is until I've actually held it in my hands and PLAYED it. (I posted before when comparing to the Inty controller in the other Revolution controller thread, but at least I brought up pros AND cons, and didn't dis the system or worship it.)

This entire thread has become a place to hate on not just Revolution, but also all next gen consoles, and demonstrate system loyalties, even more than a place to discuss the controllers, and none of us have even played the systems in question. Wouldn't it make sense to stop hating on systems we've never played and wait until we've at least HELD the controllers before we pass judgement?
Warranty-Voiding fun!

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:27 pm

yes, it makes perfect sense, MM007!!! it would also make sense if we've played the games, first ;)...or at least read thorough reviews....(I guess there's some for the 360, but with only one you can't compare ;))
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:33 pm

That controller doesent look very appealing, plus I like having a controller all in one peice but it looks like it would be cool if the rev gets a web browser and its probably good for rpgs. I talked to my freinds at school none of them like it either but hey you can sue the gc controller so I'll probably do that and so will almost everyone else.

MajorLag

Post by MajorLag » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:05 pm

I don't see sony copying the Rev. controller. At least not until it really takes off. And even then probably not. In fact, I don't see Sony changing their controller much at all, other than doing away with the gasthly boomerang design.

Which is of course a real tradgedy, because the left analog stick and d-pad should be switched.

And off topic: The GC controller is, by far, the best "traditional" controller I've ever used.
Warrenties were meant to be voided

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:01 pm

I dont remember but, was there this much fuss when the current generation came out?

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:40 pm

not really, maybe for the big xbox controllers, but there is something I remember hearing that is kind of interesting:

N64: People complained that it looked too complicated to use, 3 "branches" of the controller

SNES: People thought that all of the buttons it had was overkill

NES: surely, this was considered sane. After all, it's pretty primitive. Nope! That D-pad was a huge deal, and a weird change from the joystick

Oh yeah, back to the PS3 controllers, they better change it. honestly, they look like the kind of controller you get for free after a $10 rebate at compusa, and they are trying to get rid of them for a reason.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.