Analog Stickp

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

G-force
Analog Stickp

Post by G-force » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:03 pm

I know some of you would like to fit the analog sticks in their PS1 case portable. This might really help since the sticks won't fit with the normal cap thing on it.

First you desolder the stick from the PSX controller (ps1 sticks are cheap plastic)

Then you solder it to a piece of PCB. (this is really kind of optional since the PCB dsont do anything really...)

Then cut a NES button in half and glue it on top of the stick. if you don't like the inversed button feel, use a SNES button.

Ta daaa! It is now a small version of the analog stick that will fit almost anywhere.

Mounting it is real easy, just drill a hole for it in the case, poke it through, and glue it in place.

NOTE: I did this a long time ago, and I have never actually used it in a portable. Just so ya know. I just though somebody might be able to use it.

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:25 pm

Nice, I like that idea MUCH better than Ben's mod with the automotive panel fastener and the fender washer. I will keep it in mind if I build a PSoneP.

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:20 pm

:? automotive panel fastener and a fender washer? I may have to get his book just so I can figure out how you would use that to mount a stick :P

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:24 pm

it is a good book

any way this looks cool i will keep it in mind because my friend wants a psonep
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:26 pm

Trust me, it's not elegant and doesn't look comfortable. You take a fender washer (a big plastic washer with a tiny hole in the middle) and stick it over the metal stick, then you take an automotive panel fastener and put that over the metal. It basically becomes a scale model of an Atari 2600 joystick at that point; I can imagine how PAINFUL it would be to click. Then drill out a size-4 nylon spacer and slide it over the whole deal. Don't quite understand the point of it, it doesn't do anything for the feel…