Could this two be related?!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:34 pm

Gamelver wrote:now THAT would be sweet :)...the GBM...(Gameboy MEGA ;))
wasnt there a thread about some guy who made a 4 foot high gameboy? I think he used like a 27'' screen. It was wicked awesome
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

Conn

Post by Conn » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:49 am

The onyl problem with that, BloodNess, is it might hurt normal GC sales, and three handhelds out at once is just crazy (GBA, DS and a PGCN

BloodNess
Location:in front of my computer...staring zombie...err...ly...into the computer screen...

Post by BloodNess » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:36 am

BUT GC SALES ARE GOIN DOWN, AND WITH REVOLUTION COMING OUT MARCH OR LATER 2006. THEY COULD ANNOUNCE THE GCP IN HOLIDAYS-JANUARY 2006 JUST TO KEEP UP WITH SALES OF OTHER HANDHELDS/CONSOLES OF RIVAL COMPANIES.
***«ß£ØOðN€Š$...>>****
finally got motivated again to start a portable, which i have...but with many doubts :S

Conn

Post by Conn » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:43 am

G-Prime wrote:
Graphics are said to be of 128-bit standard, and better than those seen on the Sega Dreamcast.
Insted of making games for the GBE Nintendo well just port games from the Dreamcast the the GBE (...just like they did with every other handheld). If they do port Dreamcast games I want a new PowerStone game!
That doesn't nessisarily mean it can succesfully emulate Dreamcast games. Look at the DS- better graphics than the N64, but it can't emulate N64 games. The games would have to be re-wrote to work.
BloodNess wrote:BUT GC SALES ARE GOIN DOWN, AND WITH REVOLUTION COMING OUT MARCH OR LATER 2006. THEY COULD ANNOUNCE THE GCP IN HOLIDAYS-JANUARY 2006 JUST TO KEEP UP WITH SALES OF OTHER HANDHELDS/CONSOLES OF RIVAL COMPANIES
I don't think Nintendo is focusing on their console right now- The Gameboy Micro comes out in..September I think, and there's only 3-4 GCN games coming out from June-August. I'm sure there will be more sales just because of the new Zelda game.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:22 am

I'm sure there will be more sales just because of the new Zelda game.
damn straight that game is gonna sell better than hotcakes and those damn beenie babies put together
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:57 pm

oh actualy i made a gba less portable thing once too from my girl friends GBA.. its great i can watch my GBA movieplayer moveis on my tv! but i didnt do the hole psone screen thing. i use a real TV! and no case... only losers use a case.. and battrys.

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:55 pm

it reminds me of this
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:03 pm

Mr. Cool wrote:
Gamelver wrote:now THAT would be sweet :)...the GBM...(Gameboy MEGA ;))
wasnt there a thread about some guy who made a 4 foot high gameboy? I think he used like a 27'' screen. It was wicked awesome
http://gameman.loungespot.com/

^This? 8)

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:02 pm

BloodNess wrote:well, my biggest opinion in this thread may be this:

If we, the gamers, have the power and intelligence to make a 128 bit portable(Gamelver GCp, Bens and other pS2p...no xbox though) . The game consoles makers(bein microsoft, sony and nintendo) the ones know their hardware the most, can make something far more mind-blowing. Meaning that In maybe a few months entering 2006, The Big N could make the awesome announcement of a 128-bit-GC compatible-PSP killer-awesome-GCp. Just a thought...
yeah but the cube sucks ass. i'll just cram a battry in a revolution then start selling the snap on thing as third party jaz

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:27 pm

Conn wrote:
BloodNess wrote:gameboy micro is yet aanother gba design man... :roll:
What's your point? The Gameboy was repackaged to be the Gameboy Pocket. The original Playstation was replaced early on with the PSX, and then later the PSone. Then Sony released the PStwo. Why is Nintendo suddenly money whores? It's not a new idea.
and gameboy advanve with gba sp. why redesign an alredy redesigned system

Conn

Post by Conn » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:46 pm

*coughPLAYSTATIONcough*

Honestly, nobody gave Sony crap for redesigning the PS twice, but not Nintendo's suddenly milking the cash cow?

EpsilonMirror

Post by EpsilonMirror » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:17 pm

Conn wrote:*coughPLAYSTATIONcough*

Honestly, nobody gave Sony excrement for redesigning the PS twice, but not Nintendo's suddenly milking the cash cow?
Redesigning twice? what the hell are you talking about? Playstation and psone, that sounds like 1 redesign to me. Unless you count the later playstations without the expansion port a redesign instead of a hardware revision

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:51 am

BloodNess wrote:BUT GC SALES ARE GOIN DOWN, AND WITH REVOLUTION COMING OUT MARCH OR LATER 2006. THEY COULD ANNOUNCE THE GCP IN HOLIDAYS-JANUARY 2006 JUST TO KEEP UP WITH SALES OF OTHER HANDHELDS/CONSOLES OF RIVAL COMPANIES.
Hands off the caps-lock key, and off pointless flames. Nobody cares.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)