Macintosh mod?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator
Macintosh mod?

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:17 pm

Well if any of you remember the old little computers Apple started selling after the Apple II? Well I've been looking at vintage computers for awhile, and I remember my school having a few of these. To get more to the point, I was thinking of looking it getting on (preferably non-working) and modding it. I've already seen two with mini-ITX mobos in, the Macquarium isnt my style. I was contomplating a video game system inside one. Like take out the old mono-chrome screen for a tv display, stuff like that.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:20 pm

you mean mac SE? my school has 3 of them 2 dont work. i think they would give them to me but i dont know. do you have msn messenger? add me if you want to talk triton_barton@hotmail.com

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:42 pm

Sorry dont have MSN, I only have AIM.

If you can get them I would be willing to pay shipping (even throw a little extra fro your trouble if you know what i mean). I know it wont be cheap, all the auctions on ebay have shipping cost at $17-25.

The thing is even for the time (and now) those thing were cool. Such a small compact computer and even had a handle so you can pick it up and move with ease. I dont know if it would be possiblt but Gannon you think the case of these Macintosh's can be coppied using a vacuum form? I just like the idea of putting everything into the box and not having to worry abouta display.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment

I am a geek.

gannon

Post by gannon » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:42 pm

hmmm....yeah, the exterior of the case could be copied with a vacuum form, but the insides wouldn't really be copied.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:57 pm

Well If I can get the basic silloutte and exterior I'd be happy. If neccessary I could add plastic rods inside to have the screws lock into. I'd really like to avoid having to buy one mac after another just because I want the case.

I am a geek.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:25 pm

Apple Hacks/mods?

go here

WWW.AppleFritter.COM

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:40 pm

i have an old mac its the one with the round microphone on the side of it so you can record your voice into the computer i think its the first one they built with a microphone in it. Im pretty sure that you can only record like fifteen seconds of sound on it though. Any ways kind of off topic is that the macs your talkin about.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:42 pm

No from the sounds of it your talking about the Mac II. I'm looking at getting the case or simalar shape of the Macintosh (classic, 128. 512, Plus).

I am a geek.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:35 pm

i might be able to get it for you! turns out my art teacher(whom has all of the schools old computers,the crappy and unused macs and pc's) wants to sell off all of the stuff we have so we can get a few new macs or somthing ofer the next couple of weeks or so i will make up a list of what we got and give you folks first dibs and then auction the rest on ebay. i will have to make sure but i bet they will let me have a couple of the comps beforehand (one busted and a working se and mebe some others) so I'll see what i can do