Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

NeoGoldenBoy
Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Post by NeoGoldenBoy » Thu May 27, 2004 10:55 am

It may be a little late, but I think this should be an interesting topic, I would have liked this to be a Poll, but I cannot create one, it seems that only Ben can do it, but well anyways....

What system do you think is the best NDS or PSP?
The NDS being a great system being capable of graphics better than N64, it uses a Touch Screen and Have A, B, X, Y, L, R, and D-Pad, the gameplay experience with it might be something really cool and it has a lot of support even from third party's.
The PSP being able to do graphics near PS2, but not at the same level (but excelent graphics for a portable), it has the classic PlayStation Buttons except for L2 and R2, and only one analog (not very well placed...), and a Big Wide Screen, but with not really good games initially, and lots of remakes (even more that DS), and no NEW Gaming Experience.

I think both systems are great for what they offer, but the NDS sure will give a new gaming experience and its graphics are not too bad; in the other side the PSP is just LOTS of Technology, and it does not give that gaming experience, also the common people are not willing to buy PSP because they can have all that it offers with their PS2's and playing on their TV's.

Other important thing is that the NDS estimated price is $100-150; while the PSP is &200-400, and many people think that it's no worth to pay that HUGE amount of money for a Handheld.

Both systems are getting some good games, but it seems that ths DS is getting more focus from developers and gamers.

I have to say that I'm a fan of Nintendo and I "somewhat HATE" Sony... but I admire them for what they have done with PSP it sure is amazing all that amount of Technology on that small device...so personally I will get BOTH, because they are very different from each other and they offer good things.

Also I have to say that all the thing that the PSP have (specs, media, etc.) is all that I wanted to have in the GBNext, I also made a desing of it YEARS ago and wrote all that specs and also sent them to NOA, but they didn't take it... and when I heard about the PSP I really thought that they had stolen ALL my ideas for the GBNext, I also thought about a 6 centimeters disc for it with a DVD similar format (and that's exactly what the UMD is....), the SmartMedia Card, etc., you may not beleive me but all the specs of the PSP were imagined years ago but for the GBNext by me, but there's something that I like about it, now I know that my ideas work.

But in ressume, if I have to choose only one it would be NDS :D
Ň£ơĢ°łÃ°ęņßõ¥
I'm all alone, dealing with my broken heart. Why I have feelings if they feel so bad. All seems so dark, will I ever see light?

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu May 27, 2004 12:06 pm

I hear that the NDS is extremely easy to program for, so that gives way to lots of games.
The thing is that the PSP is about as powerfull as a PS2, while the NDS is only a little more powerfull than a N64.
Although, NDS is coming out a few months before the PSP, so it supposedly should be out by christmas, but I'm not sure which I'd rather get.
I also think that the NDS would be great for games like PSO and other rpgs.

Moose Jr.

Post by Moose Jr. » Thu May 27, 2004 12:17 pm

I've been a Nintendo fanboy for most of my life (even though I've never actually owned any of their systems before starting my portable) so I feel almost obliged to say that the DS will be the better system. Besides, the system with the lower specs always wins, right? Time will tell...
If the plural of goose is geese...
My Portable N64 Project - http://home.earthlink.net/~moose_jr

someone

Post by someone » Thu May 27, 2004 1:38 pm

Playstation (bad specs) > N64
Playstation 2 (bad specs) > Xbox, Gamecube
DS (slightly worse specs) > PSP

Besides, the PSP's disc drive will bust if you drop it.

MR.MOD

Post by MR.MOD » Thu May 27, 2004 3:51 pm

I'll give my vote to nintedo. I've been a fan of nintendo forever. Someone said that the nds was created for games and the psp more for graphics.
I also heard a rumor that rare might make games for the ds. I'll probably buy both the ds and psp.

Looks like the ds is winning so far.

Moose Jr.

Post by Moose Jr. » Thu May 27, 2004 5:13 pm

someone wrote:Besides, the PSP's disc drive will bust if you drop it.
It seems the designers took that into account with the integrated neckstrap. Even in their promo photos all the PSP users are wearing them.

someone

Post by someone » Thu May 27, 2004 6:43 pm

People will look at you and gape in awe

"gee that neck-strap guy looks cool" they will utter in shock.

NOT!

It's like sidetalkin'!

Moose Jr.

Post by Moose Jr. » Thu May 27, 2004 9:23 pm

It's $300 down the tubes if you drop it. I'd rather look funny than be out that much. :?

someone

Post by someone » Thu May 27, 2004 9:51 pm

yeah! but you can get the DS and have both.