DIY SFC Wii Classic Controller

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo
Re: DIY SFC Wii Classic Controller

Post by qwertymodo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Yes, this could be built into a cable. I'm already doing that with GameCube cables. I just don't have any of the SNES cables on hand right now.

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Fri May 24, 2013 1:44 am

Never one to be satisfied with a properly working project, once I sold out all of my first batch of mods, rather than just ordering another run of the same PCB's, I re-worked the design as my first foray into QFN leadless chips and reflow soldering. AND IT WORKS!!! :D

And just in case you're wondering just how small that chip is:

marioxb

Post by marioxb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm

I "cheated" and used one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TTX-Tech-SF-Cla ... 1377wt_953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and put its main pcb in and official Super Famicom shell, using the original L and R pcbs and all original contacts and buttons, plus some hot glue.

The generic controller sucked before this mod. Now, to me at least, it feels no different than a real SNES/ SFC controller.

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm

marioxb wrote:I "cheated" and used one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TTX-Tech-SF-Cla ... 1377wt_953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and put its main pcb in and official Super Famicom shell, using the original L and R pcbs and all original contacts and buttons, plus some hot glue.

The generic controller sucked before this mod. Now, to me at least, it feels no different than a real SNES/ SFC controller.
Yeah, it's all about the feel. The electronics, as long as they function, are pretty inconsequential.