solderfree xbox modchips

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

galandun
Steam ID:alexshannon97
solderfree xbox modchips

Post by galandun » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:53 pm

does anyone know where to get one? i'm interested in getting an Xbox and modding it to the fullest extent

ProgMetalMan

Re: solderfree xbox modchips

Post by ProgMetalMan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:26 am

How do you expect to hook it up without soldering?
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

galandun

Post by galandun » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:48 pm

i've read about solderfree modchips where you just clip it to the needed points.

ttsgeb
360 GamerTag:ttsgeb
Steam ID:ttsgeb

Post by ttsgeb » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm

There are some kits that are basically screw tightened mini-banana posts that are used for headers...

But if you intend to mod an xbox to the fullest extent, you seriously need to learn to solder those kinds of connections.

If you just want it modded, though, I can provide a few different services for you. PM me if you're interested, but be aware that the costs of shipping an xbox are going to be pretty freaking high; and you'll have to pay it twice... unless you just happen to be my neighbor.

galandun

Post by galandun » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 pm

anyone know where i can get a modchip?

not that i'm not interested, it's just i don't want to pay that much.

ttsgeb

Post by ttsgeb » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:37 am

This is the only place I know of to get one new.

And trust me, I understand not wanting to pay $30+ for shipping on top of whatever I feel I should charge for what you want done.

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 pm

@Galadun - if you want to mod this thing to the extreme, I can help (without shipping) but I'll need a few answers to a few questions first.

We will need to know (A) what version of xbox you have (B) if you are comfortable with some extremely minor soldering (C) if you have access to a computer with an IDE hard drive cable and CD rom drive, or if you have a game save exploit kit.

what ver of xbox will determine what can be done. All of them can be modded *without* a chip without too much issue. If you have an xbox ver 1.0-1.1 then good news, you can mod it and get all of the same benefits as you would with most modchips. It will just take two (possibly four) dabs of solder and you will be able to get to the same point as most of the cheap mod chips.

In order to mod this, you will need to access an exploit. Having a spare desktop computer with an IDE slot open would help a lot, having a game save device and memory card is even better.

Let me know what all you have and I'll let you know your options. the soldering job for TSOP flashing may sound intimidating but it is frighteningly easy to do.

galandun

Post by galandun » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:42 pm

i don't have an Xbox, i'm just looking for one. i need to know what i can do before i buy one though. i'm sorry, i thought i was getting one this weekend but the deal fell through.

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 am

You probably could get one that is already modded at no additional expense. Honestly I think more of them are modded now than are stock. Anyways, I should think about $30 or so should cover the box, controller, and cords - anything beyond that is too much IMO.

Regardless of how much you pay, you should be looking for a 1.0 or 1.1 xbox as those are "the" most sought after. They can be modded with the functionality of a mod chip without actually having a mod chip at all. the TSOP chip (kind of like a BIOS) is 1 MBit and most modded flashes are only one quarter that size. the very latest (free) version of the executor line is half the size of what MS natively put on the board. If you really wanted to, you could add a switch (or two) and have four memory banks (or two) that you could flash, although honestly I see no reason to just stick to the latest ver of executor if you have 1.0 or 1.1 xbox.

If it isn't already modded, you will need to mod it as well. In that case you will need either a game save exploit file and a memory card and the game, or a computer with an IDE connection available for a hotswap.

In all of the above cases you would have violated the warranty on the xbox, but it would have already expired anyway so that's kind of a moot point.

ttsgeb

Post by ttsgeb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-System-Con ... 4168621216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd jump on that, but I don't have the money to throw at it, so I'm posting it here for you.
You are looking at $20 for shipping though, but that still leaves it at under $30 total. Kinda hard to find that deal, tbh.

galandun

Post by galandun » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:59 pm

ttsgeb wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-System-Con ... 4168621216

I'd jump on that, but I don't have the money to throw at it, so I'm posting it here for you.
You are looking at $20 for shipping though, but that still leaves it at under $30 total. Kinda hard to find that deal, tbh.
it seems too good to be true though. no feedback, no info, barely any pics.....

ttsgeb

Post by ttsgeb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Paypal is your friend. At least when you're the buyer.

Feedback has to come from somewhere, you know. :P

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 am

you dont have to go on ebay to find these. gamestop or eb games or whatever used game place has them for about $30

pawn shops will be in the same boat. Unless you find one that is still in the original box, they will all be in the same condition. Just see if anyone has one that is 1.0-1.1

ttsgeb

Post by ttsgeb » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:51 pm

What world do you live in? I haven't seen an xbox at a Gamestop in over 4 years.
Last time I saw one at a pawn shop, they wanted $100 for it. That was a bit over a year ago.
The only other place I've been able to find them locally wants $50
Craigslist wants $80

Seriously, what city do you live in that you're able to find xboxen at those prices for that easily?

ProgMetalMan

Post by ProgMetalMan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:47 pm

GameXChange has good prices...
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.