Gamecube Evo (my first handheld GCN)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Smcelr2
360 GamerTag:CFDragon06
Re: Gamecube Evo (my first handheld GCN)

Post by Smcelr2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:29 pm

samsta64 wrote:I thought the shoulder buttons on a gc controller were pressure sensitive?
That's what I meant when I said they were analog :) I don't think it was a pressure sensor, just a position sensor, but your finger pressure determined how far down the button would be held.

Replacing them with tact switches will make them simply on/off versus the array of different heights the buttons could be pressed. I only suggested this because it would save space and I couldn't think of too many GC games that really utilize the analog functionality of the shoulder buttons (the best example I remember is with ssbm where the shield would drain less/more versus protect less/more depending how far the button was pressed)

samsta64
360 GamerTag:SamstA64
Steam ID:SamstA64

Post by samsta64 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Smcelr2 wrote:
samsta64 wrote:I thought the shoulder buttons on a gc controller were pressure sensitive?
That's what I meant when I said they were analog :) I don't think it was a pressure sensor, just a position sensor, but your finger pressure determined how far down the button would be held.

Replacing them with tact switches will make them simply on/off versus the array of different heights the buttons could be pressed. I only suggested this because it would save space and I couldn't think of too many GC games that really utilize the analog functionality of the shoulder buttons (the best example I remember is with ssbm where the shield would drain less/more versus protect less/more depending how far the button was pressed)
the only one i can think of that would do that is super mario sunshine. Which i dont plan to play anyway so i guess its not a big deal...

samsta64

Post by samsta64 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Also, I read Ashen's post about mother board trimming. So you dont need the parts of the mother board that you cut off? For the AlmostWTF cut or OMGWTF cut. All of those parts are deemed unnecessary?

samsta64

Post by samsta64 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:41 am

samsta64 wrote:Also, I read Ashen's post about mother board trimming. So you dont need the parts of the mother board that you cut off? For the AlmostWTF cut or OMGWTF cut. All of those parts are deemed unnecessary?
edit: I sort of understand how it works. so what parts are needed?

sethin

Post by sethin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Awesome concept