GBA SP inside Original Gameboy Case, volume wheel help!!

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Modgyver
360 GamerTag:tech5mods
GBA SP inside Original Gameboy Case, volume wheel help!!

Post by Modgyver » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm working on this mod, I'm aware it has been done before, only problem would be the volume, the sp MOBO has a slider volume mech on side, and the original gameboy has a wheel volume on side, does anyone know how to do this? any pic diagram would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.. (((I HAVE NOW SOLVED THIS))) LOOK COMENT'S BELOW...
Last edited by Modgyver on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Modgyver

Re: GBA SP inside Original Gameboy Case, volume wheel help!!

Post by Modgyver » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Never mind i figured this out already..thanks

duo_r

Post by duo_r » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:32 am

Mind sharing what you came up with?

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:14 am

duo_r wrote:Mind sharing what you came up with?
damn right, Modgyver, these forums are meant to be an archive of information as well as a place for advice. Post your solution in case someone in the future has the same problem in the future. Being a part of this forum is give AND take, not just take.

Modgyver

Post by Modgyver » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 am

sorry guys, of course I will share, thats why I posted that i had come up with a solution,so that who ever needs it they could ask. I actually "GIVE" more on forums than take, but you guys are totally right, I had asked a youtube user on how to do this but he never replied, I know the feeling,I will share my notes since the Gameboy SP is such a popular modding target.. will ad pictures in a little while.

duo_r

Post by duo_r » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks man, i never figured out those adjustment knobs so that helps.

Modgyver

Post by Modgyver » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 am

After tinkering for a while here is the solution I found on extending the volume slide on GameBoy SP and replacing it with a thumb wheel potentiometer... it is simple first desolder the aluminum shield on the SP volume slide, it has 6 soldier spots and they are all number 1 thru 6. after you remove the shield just extend/match 1 thru 4 to the numbers on the volume thumb wheel as I have number in the picture, I have crossed out and wrote "NONE" to the pins that don't need to be extended, so just soldier 4 wires total 30 Gauge.. hope this helps someone.. Enjoy!!

-ModGyver

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:33 am

thanks, it's a good thing to do for the community, I didn't mean to come down hard on you, you just are a new user and this is a common problem with newbies

Modgyver

Post by Modgyver » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

No problem, I might be new to this forum, but im always sharing in other forums, mostly youtube or xim3 forums I will be posting few more of my mod's. but yeah these forums are great. I see a lot of talent & brainiacs. :)