Non volatile n64 memory card and game cart

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

chefroo
Non volatile n64 memory card and game cart

Post by chefroo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Super Smash Bros game without battery save?
Last edited by chefroo on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo

Re: Non volatile n64 memory card and game cart

Post by qwertymodo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:54 pm

The main problem with SSB (or any N64 SRAM games) is that I can't seem to find the datasheet, or even just the pinout, for the SHARP LH52V246 chip. If anybody happens to have that pinout, then I could look in to modding it. The controller pak has been done before and is well documented as well, so no problems there. I'll keep looking for that pinout. Who knows, if it's a standard JEDEC pinout, I might even be able to use my adapter board that I created for the SNES: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=51727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo

Re: Non volatile n64 memory card and game cart

Post by qwertymodo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Looks like it won't be that easy, unfortunately. Looks like the ROM and SRAM both use additional internal logic for multiplexing the addresses, as opposed to the SNES where address decoding was handled by an external chip (MAD-1 or 74xxx). I don't think SSB can be done easily. The memory card is another matter, I'd just need to look into it a bit more.