Basic stamp 2 (need help).

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

The_Next_Guy
Basic stamp 2 (need help).

Post by The_Next_Guy » Sat May 19, 2012 2:21 pm

i have been working with a basic stamp 2. I have a HPDL2416 and i want to how to hook it up (i tryed but dint work)
The_Next_Guy Was Here!!!

ProgMetalMan

Re: Basic stamp 2 (need help).

Post by ProgMetalMan » Wed May 23, 2012 2:10 pm

We need more info...
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

The_Next_Guy

Post by The_Next_Guy » Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 pm

i am trying to get it so it displays the codes i type i learned tha I = > 5v and 0 = < .8v but i need help to communicate with it
The_Next_Guy Was Here!!!

ElectronicGeek1

Post by ElectronicGeek1 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:19 pm

Have you read through the datasheet? If not google the component number, download its datasheet, and read through it a couple of times. Datasheets are invaluable resources. Even if some of the contained information is somewhat out of scope for hobbyists (temperature ratings etc), it will detail how to use the component, normally with example circuits.

Anyway after a quick look through the datasheet, communication wise seems to be similar to a standard alphanumeric lcd, albeit much simplified. Putting it basically, to write something to the screen you must use the digit select pins to select which of the digits you want to write to, and then put the ascii character you want to display on the data input pins. This is done while fiddling with the control pins. I can give more detail, but it would just be regurgitated from the datasheet. Everything you need is there, chip pinout, ascii table, timing diagram, function diagram.

Have a read through the datasheet few times and then try to come back with a more detailed problem, like "have I wired this correctly?" with photos or diagrams. Then it is easier for people to give assistance.

The_Next_Guy

Post by The_Next_Guy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 pm

ok i figured it out that was only part 1, part 2 is to interface it with usb connection from c# program. i need to know how to interfaced with The Basic Stamp 2.
The_Next_Guy Was Here!!!