wii64 laptop

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Wretched
wii64 laptop

Post by Wretched » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Hey I've been modding for a while and I'm going to be attempting to make a wii/nintendo 64 laptop.

I already have a 9" screen that I'm planning on using as well as both the consoles. I'm going to take my time with this project and put a lot of effort into it so it turns out nice.
Last edited by Wretched on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hearing only what you want to hear, knowing only what you heard...

minnieman

Re: wii64 laptop

Post by minnieman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Wretched wrote:Hey I've been modding for a while and I'm going to be attempting to make a wii/nintendo 64 laptop.

Here are the batteries I'm planning on using: http://www.batteryspace.com/customizepo ... ector.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the charger: http://www.batteryspace.com/universalfa ... molex.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think I would have a problem using these but if anyone else thinks it's not a good battery to go with please let me know.
I already have a 9" screen that I'm planning on using as well as both the consoles. I'm going to take my time with this project and put a lot of effort into it so it turns out nice.
hoping the best for ya mate! post updates and pics so we can track progress (only if you want).
every one of my trade offers comes with respect. just take that into consideration with my most likely appealing offer. :D

one day... my xbox 360 portable WILL HAPPEN!!
(to bad imma broke teen)

Wretched

Post by Wretched » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Got the design all finished up. It's going to be 2 wii shells attached to each other. I need to find a good thin screen for this project as the one I have is to thick for my likings. If anyone has an extra wii shell let me know. I would also like to get some nintendo logo's to slap on it aswell, perferably the n64 logo.
Attachments
design.png
design.png (16.96KiB)Viewed 11262 times

Muniosi

Post by Muniosi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Lookin' good! Keep it up!

Wretched

Post by Wretched » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I've been looking at wii case's on ebay and I'm not sure if I want to stick with my colour scheme or not.
Im now thinking I'm going to make it one solid colour. Here's what I'm deciding between: translucent green, solid green, chrome red, solid red, camo, silver, clear or just black. Let me know what you guys think.

minnieman

Post by minnieman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:38 pm

i say the color doesnt matter *CLICHE MOMENT AHEAD*

its whats on the inside that counts.

putting that aside i say translucent green! :D
every one of my trade offers comes with respect. just take that into consideration with my most likely appealing offer. :D

one day... my xbox 360 portable WILL HAPPEN!!
(to bad imma broke teen)

Wretched

Post by Wretched » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:49 pm

yeah trulusenct green would be pretty sick. I think silver or translusent green would be best.

edit: decided to go with solid green with black lcd lid.

Wretched

Post by Wretched » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 pm

case is ordered, same for the battery just need to find a better screen because the one I have is an inch thick. I still have to open it so it might be a lot thinner.
Some progress should be on the way. Also I'll be getting an rcp wired n64 in a little while.

Muniosi

Post by Muniosi » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Yeah, the screen is probably a lot thinner on the inside. You should rip it apart and check.

Wretched

Post by Wretched » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 am

Was planning on selling off all the parts to this project but, I don't think anyone is interested in them. So instead I think I will resurrect it from the grave and finish what I started since I have some dough put into it. I wish I could stuff everything in one wii case haha but, it's just not possible. The goal will be to make it like the original mock-up just all green instead of red and black.

iphone_addict

Post by iphone_addict » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 am

sounds cool.

Wretched

Post by Wretched » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 am

Here's my wiring diagram, was wondering if anyone could confirm it as safe because I wasn't to sure about the charging jack position. The 14.8v line goes into a three way switch, it's off in the middle, powers the n64 and screen to the right and the wii and screen to the left.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/wiringh.png/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also my screen runs on 12v would putting 14.8v through blow it?