Turning Sega Saturn into Dreamcast/Genesis ?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

radtastic89
Turning Sega Saturn into Dreamcast/Genesis ?

Post by radtastic89 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello there everyone new here. I had an idea the other day and I'm wondering if its even possible. So I has watching youtube videos the other day and I came across a guy who took the body of a Sega Saturn and put inside a Genesis, 32X and CD. Now I'm wondering if I can take the body of a Sega Saturn and inside put a Dreamcast and Genesis? I would put a Genesis 3 because it is the smallest of the Genesis. The cartage slot would be the Genesis and the CD would be the Dreamcast.

Would anyone help me make this dream come true ?

themadhacker

Re: Turning Sega Saturn into Dreamcast/Genesis ?

Post by themadhacker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:00 am

The saturn is very large and unfortunately, It can't be trimmed down small enough to fit in a dreamcast.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

sparksterz

Post by sparksterz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm pretty sure he meant the other way around. Gutting a Saturn and making the cd portion use a dreamcast drive, and the cartridge normally used for memory expansion etc for a Genesis. Unless I'm mistaken. It may be do-able but the dreamcast portion would take a bit of work.

radtastic89

Post by radtastic89 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Yes Sparksterz is correct, but like I said I would need help making it. Heck I would even send the 3 systems to be modded.

GW2

Post by GW2 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Personally I would just do the dreamcast and use a DC genesis emulator.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I think you are completely missing his point.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Post by com64 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 pm

I've been inside all three consoles and I think it's entirely possible space-wise if you use the Genesis 3; even more so if you were to use an SOC for the Genesis.

The DC is a mighty beast, though; you might have to place something underneath to fill the gap between the DC and the bottom of the Saturn casing (I don't remember the dimensions off-hand). Good luck getting the disc tray aligned; I'd suggest just cutting out a portion of the Saturn's disc tray for the DC's to poke through. Just an idea.

You'd probably have to cut out 6 controller ports unless you do something clever, like routing the DC ports through the Genesis ports and make adaptors and devise a way to only allow one console on at once so you don't fry something.

Another idea: it would be interesting if you were to integrate wireless (radio or infrared) Genesis controllers
Finally: the surface!