Stuff only in Digikey USA, can't afford shipping

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

mnkman
Stuff only in Digikey USA, can't afford shipping

Post by mnkman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 pm

I know it's too much to ask for, but still...

Do any of you order stuff from Digikey USA regularly? If so, would you be so kind as to add a couple of these connectors to your order and send them back to me? I need them for something I'm working on, and I can't find them anywhere else (*). I'd pay for everything, of course.

The thing is, I'm going to order *a ton* of things for several projects on Digikey Europe (so that I qualify for free shipping), but those pesky connectors are sold in the US site only. If I were to order everything there, I'd have to pay import taxes, and if I ordered the connectors only, I'd have to pay taxes *and* shipping. In any case, that's money that could've been used to pay for the stuff.

You may have noticed already, but I'm chronically short of money at the moment :(.

If someone agreed to go through all the hassle and send the connectors to me, I really wouldn't know how to repay the favor, but I'm sure we could work something out. You'd have my eternal gratitude, that's for sure ;).

(*) Mouser do have them, but they don't have all the parts I need (namely, this FPGA). I'm mostly building other people's schematics, so I'd rather not use different parts until I have some boards working.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Re: Stuff only in Digikey USA, can't afford shipping

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:55 pm

I order from Digi-Key quite often, so I'll be able to get those for you.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:57 pm

mnkman wrote:I know it's too much to ask for, but still...

Do any of you order stuff from Digikey USA regularly? If so, would you be so kind as to add a couple of these connectors to your order and send them back to me? I need them for something I'm working on, and I can't find them anywhere else (*). I'd pay for everything, of course.

The thing is, I'm going to order *a ton* of things for several projects on Digikey Europe (so that I qualify for free shipping), but those pesky connectors are sold in the US site only. If I were to order everything there, I'd have to pay import taxes, and if I ordered the connectors only, I'd have to pay taxes *and* shipping. In any case, that's money that could've been used to pay for the stuff.

You may have noticed already, but I'm chronically short of money at the moment :(.

If someone agreed to go through all the hassle and send the connectors to me, I really wouldn't know how to repay the favor, but I'm sure we could work something out. You'd have my eternal gratitude, that's for sure ;).

(*) Mouser do have them, but they don't have all the parts I need (namely, this FPGA). I'm mostly building other people's schematics, so I'd rather not use different parts until I have some boards working.
I can do it. How many of each do you need? And while we're at it, is there anything else from the US that you might want?

mnkman

Post by mnkman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Nevermind1534 wrote:I order from Digi-Key quite often, so I'll be able to get those for you.
Really? Thanks a lot!
Nevermind1534 wrote:How many of each do you need?
Five of each should be enough. I don't really need that many, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Nevermind1534 wrote:And while we're at it, is there anything else from the US that you might want?
I don't think so, no. Damn connectors, so hard to find!

Thanks again!

PS: Double-post?

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:50 pm

mnkman wrote:
Nevermind1534 wrote:I order from Digi-Key quite often, so I'll be able to get those for you.
Really? Thanks a lot!
Nevermind1534 wrote:How many of each do you need?
Five of each should be enough. I don't really need that many, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Nevermind1534 wrote:And while we're at it, is there anything else from the US that you might want?
I don't think so, no. Damn connectors, so hard to find!

Thanks again!

PS: Double-post?
:facepalm: I thought I put the second one in a PM. I'll let you know when my order gets in. I'll just need your address.
Last edited by nevermind1534 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Oh hi, do I know you? :P

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:51 pm

marshallh wrote:Oh hi, do I know you? :P
XD

mnkman

Post by mnkman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Bumping this in case somebody else has to order stuff from Digikey and is not very much inconvenienced for sending (a very small amount of) stuff to Europe.

Also, I can't stress this enough: I'm paying everything upfront.

Thanks.