Ps2p HELP, no red light when i plug in adapter 8.5v, fix????

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

toby dawg
Portablizer
Re: Ps2p HELP, no red light when i plug in adapter 8.5v, fix????

Post by toby dawg » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:13 am

Gamerlol. Try what i said. Only use the the factory power plug and adaptor and i bet your power light will come back. If you understand what a fuse is and what it does you would realize its not going to damage anything to by pass one, as long (as hailraizer said) you dont somehow manage to hook up the power the wrong way again, because you will not have anything to protect the next component in line. Thats why im telling you to use the stock adaptor. There is no way it can be backwards. Like i said before the positive on the power jack is the center post (for future reference if ur hooking up a battery) And no im not a sarcastic bastard trying to skrew you over. I was laughing because i thought i explained this very clearly but i guess you did not understand. Any way the link u posted looks like its to repair a loose power jack or damaged trace. You can follow that trace from the jack to the fuse. But im still betting u messed up the polarity and blew the same fuse that i did. And Yes before u do anything, use a multimeter to find the problem. Thing is all multimeters on the ohms setting will out put voltage and if u dont know what you are doing you can damage sensitive components aswell. just so u know a good fuse will have very low resistance. like a good conductor. A blown fuse will have a very high resistance or infinaty resistance (like an open switch). If you dont understand any of this then i dont know what i can tell you.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 am

hailrazer wrote:It's perfectly acceptable to bypass a fuse as long as you're smart enough not to hook it up wrong again.

If you're not smart enough to not hook up the power wrong again then no, do not bridge a blown fuse.
You're thinking of a diode.

The fuse stops a voltage spike or over voltage from frying the components.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:36 am

Haunted360 wrote:
hailrazer wrote:It's perfectly acceptable to bypass a fuse as long as you're smart enough not to hook it up wrong again.

If you're not smart enough to not hook up the power wrong again then no, do not bridge a blown fuse.
You're thinking of a diode.

The fuse stops a voltage spike or over voltage from frying the components.
I know perfectly well what a fuse does. Do you?
A fuse protects components from overcurrent and current spikes caused by reversing current flow. It's not for voltage control.

And I have bypassed them hundreds of times with no ill effects.

As long as the power is hooked up properly there will be no problems from bypassing it.

Is it the perfect solution? No.
The perfect solution would be to buy a replacement fuse of the same size and solder it in.
But really how many people know where to buy replacement smt fuses let alone have the talent or skill to actually solder them on ?

So like I said, as long as you are going to be hooking the power up properly, bypass it.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Gamerlolwind51649

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 pm

hay guys, thanx for the advice, but i won't be needing it as I'm getting a ps2 fat as a replacement to my ps2 slim. i found one with two controllers and a cheap network adapter so i can install an die hard drive and use hd loader to play games on it.

the portable will be ps2fatfreebootP not slim anymore. wil update work log.
and for power i'll be running the system from it's power supply source. which is what i should have done with my slim in the first place instead of using a low charged battery.

so, no more posts this topic needed. thanx

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;