X360 Key Custom Case Mod PC Case Mod Xbox Slim

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

ozzylow
360 GamerTag:ozzylow
X360 Key Custom Case Mod PC Case Mod Xbox Slim

Post by ozzylow » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:38 am

New Project in progress, wanting to plan this out properly before i get ahead on myself. Thats definatly my biggest problem with modding anything, if im not happy with it, i lose interest and the project slowly fades away.

Suggestions on a name would be appreciated, havent came up with anything just yet.

This project is based on the Lian Li PC - Q08B and a Slim Xbox 360 with an X360 Key.

The Xbox will be placed inside the Lian Li case, some extra storage will be placed inisde the case, a 1 TB hard drive, to keep leagal back ups of my games, i do not encourage piracy, i have a large collection on games and like to keep my investment of games safe. I own all the games i store back ups of.

The games will be played through the X360 Key, its a relatively new product. Thanks to Mod Chips Direct, have a look at there site Mod Chips Direct. Sponser of this project.

The case is pretty much exactly the same height as the original Xbox Slim case. Just wider, I dont want to go bigger, want to be able to keep it on the tv cabinet. IT is a fair bit wider then the Xbox Slim but for everything it can do im not to worried about the width of the case.

ozzylow

Re: X360 Key Custom Case Mod PC Case Mod Xbox Slim

Post by ozzylow » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:39 am

Finally got the case in, ordered it from the local PC shop and came in pretty quickly, went with the Lian Li PC - Q08B case, small enough, but plenty of room to ventilate the case properly and keep it cool.

Got it home and opened it straight away, a lot of the internal stuff can come out, took the sides off the case and this is what was left.

15 Minutes later had it stripped down, pretty easy to take apart, im not the best with computers, never done PC case mods, but they seem easy enough to work with.

Disc Drive in place, will have this painted black to match the case, dont want it standing out to much

Xbox Slim stripped down, ill mount it just like a PC motherboard, will take off the metal case, will look a lot better mounted like a normal PC.

This is the way im thinking of mounting the motherboard.

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 am

Looking to mount the back something like this, not sure what exactly what i will do. Ill get something designed and get it cut out ( laser cut ) maybe. Still working on ideas, i want it to look neat and not a hacked job.

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:28 am

Memory Card went missing, still trying to find it, just an update on what else i have been doing and ordering.

Just placed an order with MDPC ( Million Dollar PC ) for some White Cable Sleeve and matching White Heatshrink, this is the best stuff out there, definatly worth the money and shipping time.

Just finding the right place to order my fans from, looking for black frame with white fan blades, going to keep with a black and white theme inside the case.

I was looking to maybe watercool the Xbox 360, but still not to sure just yet, deciding if i am wanting to spend the money on it, i would be using the XSPC Waterblock for the Slim Xbox. Just working out final prices, its something i could always add into the project later on.

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:16 am

Got my delivery from Million Dollar PC

White Cable Sleeving and White HeatShrink

Mounting the Xbox 360 Motherboard in the orignal tray, trimmed it down to fit better.

Space wise, im going to have to solder the Wireless Adapter to be able to fit it in better, the whole case wont work unless this is out of the way. 6 Wires and a Ground.

ozzylow

Custom Case Mod PC Case Mod Xbox Slim

Post by ozzylow » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Worked on the Motherboard Tray today, light sand and coated it with primer and then painted with some textured Black Paint.

Took the Disc Drive apart and the Holder and prepped for paint and went with a Matte Black Finish

Sleeved the top fan also, sticking to a Black and White theme through the case, but the Green Motherboard might look a bit out of place, any suggestions ?

Need a name for this project / case also feel free to give me some suggestions.

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:40 am

Introducing my first sponser for this case. Helping out towards the case with a 545LC Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Nice work so far. :)
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:53 am

Thanks for the reply, thought this forum was dead

I have been a bit slow on updates recently, just waiting on parts to come through so i can finish and design other parts.

Fractal Design

Thanks to Fractal Design for the sponser, helping me out with some fans, 120mm and 140mm fans.

Fans will look nice in the case, definatly better then the stock fans that came with the Lian Li.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:17 pm

HOLY CRAP THAT IS SOME EXCELLENT WORK! :shock:

cross

Post by cross » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 pm

This is some sweet stuff.
But for watercooling the Xbox Slim doesnt need it. I have one in my xbox laptop and the cooling blows (Only the heatsink and 2 fans kinda far away from it sucking air away from it) and ive done 12 hour gaming sessions.

For the DVD drive put some kind of spacer in there so it doesnt rattle. Same with the fans, even if theyr low speed. Trust me having literally no noticeable noise vs. You can barley hear it makes a big difference and if your doing this nice setup go silent

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 am

cross wrote:This is some sweet stuff.
But for watercooling the Xbox Slim doesnt need it. I have one in my xbox laptop and the cooling blows (Only the heatsink and 2 fans kinda far away from it sucking air away from it) and ive done 12 hour gaming sessions.

For the DVD drive put some kind of spacer in there so it doesnt rattle. Same with the fans, even if theyr low speed. Trust me having literally no noticeable noise vs. You can barley hear it makes a big difference and if your doing this nice setup go silent
Thanks for the reply. I know the Slim does not need Water Cooling, but i thought i would just try it, show that it can be done.

Yea Anti - Vibration for the disc drive and fans, i dont want to hear anything, even thinking of some layers of the sound proof stuff.

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Whoa dude, this is sweet!

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:35 am

Starting to get a lot more work done now, have ordered parts needed and hoping to get heaps done in the Christmas break.

These Fractal Design Fans suit this case perfectly.

Motherboard mounted

ozzylow

Post by ozzylow » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:09 am

Showing how the back part of the case will be, i have drawn up to scale the design for the rear ports of the Xbox. I will get this made up laser cut or something similar.

Thanks again to Asetek, i recieved my Liquid Cooling today. Got it open and started working out ideas how to make it all work together. Using the Intel Retention Ring i will have to drill my own holes to make this work, i will have to plan this out properly, still working things out.

Removed the Xbox heatsink