What is this?! Xbox360, PS3, Wii DIY portable console.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Reaper P7
PSN Username:Haha... Yea Right
360 GamerTag:Subscription? Nah.
Steam ID:Refer to email to add me.
What is this?! Xbox360, PS3, Wii DIY portable console.

Post by Reaper P7 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:51 am

Completely Speechless... in a bad way.
Now everyone else can say their console is portable? I gotta keep working on mine and make it thinner. :oops:
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/g15 ... 1206#media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCPbZ5T7Bnc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wallydawg

Re: What is this?! Xbox360, PS3, Wii DIY portable console.

Post by wallydawg » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 am

Things of this nature have existed for a while. The psone had had all these components in a similar fashion; the psone and screen (of course), a battery and a controller dock. Everything external, in a plug and play fashion & pretty clunky, as with this thing. All this is just a glorified "dock," if you will, really nothing at all compared to full fledged mods like we do here and shouldn't destroy/alter modding in any way, if that's what you are speechless "in a bad way" about. To house an entire system and all that other stuff in there it has to be thick as hell, maybe cumbersome to carry around (the handle helps I'm sure), and I don't trust that review about "no overheat." A nice alternative for those who can't/wont "do better," but it effects the modding community the same as smartphone emulators do.

Mr. Bastey

Post by Mr. Bastey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:55 pm

It's not handheld, therefore I say it's not portable :p kinda neat but I don't see it selling too well.

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:09 pm

it doesn't have batteries, therefore its not portable