Ps2 P with pics... 85 percent complete need some help...

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

toby dawg
Portablizer
Ps2 P with pics... 85 percent complete need some help...

Post by toby dawg » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:45 pm

(if ur wondering why that random hole is on the front i blew my fuse today when i messed up the polarity so i decided to do that rather then undo everything)
Okay, I had this baby up and running today, But i went to adjust the disk drive and i ended up breaking it, I had to crack it open and move the cables comming from the drive and i tore the orange ribbon cd access cable. Now im thinking im gunna ditch the dvd drive all together. I was wondering if anyone can Help me out with the things i need. I did try to search i did not find much. I would really appreciate some help. I found out a few things from you tube but its not really clear to me how this is done. I know i need a mod chip. Are there any recomendations? Also a hard drive? If i used a flash drive would the games lag? Thank you.
Btw its for my girlfriends B day.... Which is now like a year belated but i still would like to finish this for her.

cross

Re: Ps2 P with pics... 85 percent complete need some help...

Post by cross » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 am

Without a disk drive, it will be near impossible. Trust me I have tried hard to do it, you will need a disk drive to load any program that will let you flash a modchip for the hard drive set up.

If you want a complex, expensive solution you can PM me

Gamerlolwind51649

Post by Gamerlolwind51649 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:21 am

sweet ps2p, toby dawn :)
looks awesome, bro :)
can't wait to see it finished.
also usb compatibly from usb flash drive is very low, slow and not wroth the effort. i tried myself it, but no sigar :(.

try maybe usb hard drive externally powered, works much better than flash usb's, but it'll make you portable heavy and more stuff to carry around.

also thanx for the advice on my no power problem. i should have used the adapter instead of the crappie battery, it works better this way even through it it semi portable, but it works better.

also what battery types are you using for your portable? i mean what volt? 8.5v or 9v? and what kind? li ion?

Fat Boy Benny PS2 Portable:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:50 pm

hmmm well with that bit of info im gunna see about getting a new disk drive or ribbon cable. Or a cheap ps2... Expensive complicated solutions dont really float my boat.. Thanks for the info tho guys... And thanks for saying its nice... hopefully it will get nicer. When its done ill have some better pics for ya.