Wii Remote and Nunchuck in an X360 Controller Shell

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Muniosi
Wii Remote and Nunchuck in an X360 Controller Shell

Post by Muniosi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Well, starting ANOTHER project, hopefully I can actually follow through on this one. I need encouragement for these type things! My idea was to put a Wiimote and Nunchuck into an XBox 360 controller shell. Here is how the buttons will be layed out: A, B, Left Joystick, and the D-Pad will stay the same. X and Y will become 1 and 2, respectively. The back left trigger and back right trigger will be Z and B. The reason I have B as a trigger and a face is because some games us it as a face button, while others use it as a trigger. The left front trigger will be C, and Start, Back and Guide will be Plus, Minus, and Home. I'll try to have a diagram up soon, but I can't now cause I'm typing this from my tablet. Thoughts?

EDIT: Got the diagram up!
EDIT2: I was thinking I might have a switch to switch the D-Pad from "sideways mode" to "normal mode". Anybody agree? Disagree?

tom61

Re: Wii Remote and Nunchuck in an X360 Controller Shell

Post by tom61 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

You'd probably need to use one of the mini-wiimotes, as I don't think the full size controller board will fit into the 360's controller's shell without a fair bit of cutting. What are you going to do with the IR sensor? Most games need it to select menus at the very least.

Muniosi

Re: Wii Remote and Nunchuck in an X360 Controller Shell

Post by Muniosi » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm

I'll probably put the IR sensor in around the same spot the cable would come out. I'm not sure if I'll need a mini-remote or not... I'll see if I can find the dimensions of a Wiimote board.