Chinese 3,5" died. Any suggestions?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Meff
Chinese 3,5" died. Any suggestions?

Post by Meff » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:56 am

A few months ago I bought a flax chinese TFT LCD screen just like the one here:
http://cgi.ebay.pl/3-5-TFT-LCD-Player-M ... 3a65b03ff6
Since I didn't have any manual for it (I wanted to know the psu pinout by experiment, so) I probably reversed + and - of psu for a Dang while (<1 sec), but when I connected it properly, screen just flashed in grey colour for a moment, and now it doesn't react to anything.
Is the screen that chinese that it breaks in the blink of an eye? Do any of You know how to fix that Playstation?
Please, MTV, pimp my screen!

P.S. Everytime I tried anything with it, I didn't connect it to any signal source, but I heard that then it will just show a blue screen. Correct?

[EDIT]
Sorry, I made a mistake. It flashes from time to time when trying to run it. And after a flash it's dead black.
Honestly? All my projects are far from being somewhat done...

Meff

Re: Chinese 3,5" died. Any suggestions?

Post by Meff » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:10 am

Argh, I'm a dick. As an user on the other forum suggested - when there's no signal, the screen is just black. I connected my NES, and... everything worked. Now I only need a noac and a really tiny sound amp.
Sorry for this stupid problem, you may close the topic.
Honestly? All my projects are far from being somewhat done...

sRam

Post by sRam » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Hey have you tried running the screen on less than 12 volts? Perhaps 7.4? I am planning on using one in my N64 Mini Laptop

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:16 pm

You cant fry the PlayStation 1. It has reverse protection diodes on all of the models. You would have jumped something, or exceeded the voltage limit...