Nintendo 3DS second slide pad and Wii Slim

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Nintendo 3DS second slide pad and Wii Slim

Post by Hifeno » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Anyone seen these?

3ds second stick addon
http://bnbgaming.com/2011/09/07/3ds-joy ... -nintendo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wii Slim with not Gamecube support
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... christmas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you guys think? I can say that I do not like the way the 3ds add on looks.
As for the Wii slim. It is small now what is the big deal?
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Muniosi

Re: Nintendo 3DS second slide pad and Wii Slim

Post by Muniosi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:18 pm

:thumbsdown:
I think Ninty is getting desperate. I suppose if they "upgrade" the Wii and drop GC support, they can put an "Upgraded Model!" sticker on the boxes? Also the 3DS's add-on... erm. I can't say I like it. I think they're trying to be too much like us, putting console games on portable devices. That's our job! :lol: But seriously, I kinda miss the old portable-type games...

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Wait...the weefer dropping GC support!? haha....They must only be changing the way the disk drive works so it won't be able to grip the smaller disks anymore XD

As for the 3DS add-on....if this means a 3DS version 2 is coming out soon....I'm not surprised.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:59 pm

nintendo is starting to turn into sega with all the revisions and add ons.

but sega was better anyway. :wink:
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:02 pm

What's the point of a Wii slim? It's not like the Wii was a very big console to begin with...
Well Sony and Microsoft are out selling the Nintendo, and they both had Slim versions of their consoles made. Monkey see, monkey do.

Nintendo is desperate, they can't figure out why advertising to casual gamers, little kids and other shallow finaltal pools isn't working. Well lets see, if you have half a brain you go where people are willing to spend money. Teens to young adults, like us, buy games all the time. We have jobs to pay for the stuff and well it's our pass time. Nintendo needs to get that clue and start changing their strategy. And again copying isn't a good strategy.

-Sparkfist
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Hifeno

Post by Hifeno » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:58 am

So how could they drop Gamecube support? I understand you can not play gamecube games without gamecube controllers and memory cards but the Wii is almost a Gamecube. The disc drive for the Wii now works on the gamecube. All in all they are one it the same.

And on a second note can they really be saving that much money by not having gamecube ports. Also how much slimmer could it be with out them. This thing is so small now.

I am starting to think Nintendo is loosing it. If they do not get some good 1st and 3rd party games on the 3ds it is going to EPIC Fail. If the Wii U does not come out with some great games right out of the box and is very expensive it will also be an EPIC fail. You think Nintendo would learn from their past mistakes, and not F#$% this up. And that is sad because I have loved every Nintendo console and handheld, even the Wii and 3ds.
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:58 pm

you have to keep in mind that nintendo has always had a better financial strategy than microsoft and sony, they make money on their hardware and software from day one, whereas both sony and microsoft starting with the ps2 and original xbox, were selling at a loss and planning to make up the difference down the road. now, they actually DID make that money back, but it took the ps2 like 6 years to do it, nintendo was making money on every gamecube from the start. so even if they dont make everybody happy with the hardware and sales start to slump they still have the huge pile of money that the DS and wii have made them so far to sit on :lol:

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:44 pm

The Wii Slim is being built for the same reason as the PS3 Slim and XBox 360 Slim, to reduce costs to lower price to attract new users. To be able to fit 3" discs the drive mechanism has to be more complex than if it just took regular DVD discs, which means it costs more to make, and will have more troubles down the road to be serviced. Lack of Gamecube compatibility isn't going to be that detrimental to most new users, so it makes sense to ax the 4 controller ports, 2 memory card ports, and 3" disc compatibility to shave costs.

This should be seen as a boon to Wii portable makers, as it means a smaller cheaper unit to use. Gamecube portable makers wanting a slot load drive will likely be able to get the first gen Wii drive cheaper, as the market for replacement drives of that type will shrink with introduction of that new one. Hybrid builders will see it as a bust, other than lowering the cost of used older units, at least until the new one is hacked to be able to load GC games off USB.

As for the extra analog pad for 3DS thing, I don't have any precedent to base much more than an opinion off of. The closest thing to that accessory is the Guitar Hero controls. The response so far is mixed from blogs I've read. I think it could achieve a decent niche, and pave the way to another 3DS model with it already built in.

Bush

Post by Bush » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:12 pm

The way I see the analog attachment is that its a bonus. Its completely optional, and no, it does not mean a second revision is coming, as it adds new triggers as well. They will not be able to incorporate those in a small form factor. Anyways, the reaction to the add-on is annoying me, If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's just there for people who want an extra analog for supported titles. It's not hurting anything. As for the new Wii, Nintendo aren't "losing it." This is the last real year that the Wii will be in action, and its just a new revision so that late adopters can afford it more easily. I do agree on the under saturation of 3DS titles, however. Once the holiday season is over, we should have a good amount to play though.