Hey guys long time no project, but now i need some insight.

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

toby dawg
Portablizer
Hey guys long time no project, but now i need some insight.

Post by toby dawg » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Well, let me start by saying i did try to search. I dont have a lot of patience but spent about half an hour looking. I just need a complete ps2 controller wiring diagram for all pins for the buttons and the conntection to the actual ps2 itself. (i found one but it was incomplete and incorrect) I am using tact switches for all buttons. If i can get this project done i promise it will be impressive. Also if it should be all the same as the ps1? If thats a yes i should be able to get this. Help is greatly appriciated and if i can get the controller wired, this baby will be ready within a week or so. Thank you. :)

AngelArm1110

Re: Hey guys long time no project, but now i need some insight.

Post by AngelArm1110 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:29 am

this site should have all wiring diagrams for every revision of ps2 controller, hope it helps

http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_wiring.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toby dawg
Portablizer

Re: Hey guys long time no project, but now i need some insight.

Post by toby dawg » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks for the site man. I have traced all the buttons and know what pins to use. Im not really getting anywhere tho. Does any anyone know if having the resistor thats on the solderless controller is neccisary? Or can i just bridge it or exclude it. And how easy are these controllers to fry? I have no idea why i dont even get the anolog light. I triple checked my connections to the ps2 itself. I cant see how it could of gone wrong either because i wired it exactly the same as the plug goes in. Might have to scrap the nice landscape case i built for a portrait one just to avoid this headache. If anyone can straighten me out id appreciate it. I have attempted to split a ps1 dual shock and ended up giving up on that too.