My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Mario
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by Mario » Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 pm

So, anybody else here like the show? :P I totally refused to watch it until my friend forced me to watch an episode. Then I loved it. Who would have guessed? It's actually a good show.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed May 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Never heard of it..but then..I don't watch TV either :lol:

Sure doesn't seem like a show a guy should be watching...but then again, I watched the crap out of Sailor Moon back in the day (not just for the girls, the show actually was good lol)...heck, I still enjoy that show *dusts off old VHS stack* oh yeah...memory lane baby!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

DK

Post by DK » Thu May 26, 2011 3:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVfidujxRg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great lecture on the physics of MLP, but he did make one mistake.
Spoiler:
with the Butterfly problem, he worked out that pony was much smaller in length than a filly so it's mass should have been lower. He should have worked out the density of a filly and used the approximate cylindrical volume of the pony to calculate a more accurate mass.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Fri May 27, 2011 7:49 am

I've had other people tell me it's a great show too, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 am

there is a constant war amongst anonymous about this show, half of them love it and the other half want the first half to shut up lol

Mario

Post by Mario » Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Triton wrote:there is a constant war amongst anonymous about this show, half of them love it and the other half want the first half to shut up lol
And that's why ponychan was born. :P

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Post by com64 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:09 pm

DK wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVfidujxRg

Great lecture on the physics of MLP, but he did make one mistake.
Spoiler:
with the Butterfly problem, he worked out that pony was much smaller in length than a filly so it's mass should have been lower. He should have worked out the density of a filly and used the approximate cylindrical volume of the pony to calculate a more accurate mass.
Ha! That's awesome. I"m taking physics next year...

Anyway, I saw this show on television once, the same episode that that guy used for his presentation. I didn't want to change the channel because I'd get yelled at by a younger sibling, and I was too exhausted to get up and grab the remote. This cartoon exceeded my expectations by far. In fact, it's better than most of the children's programming in Canada, which is mostly crappy, IMHO.
Finally: the surface!