Move over NGP... Introducing the Gamecube Fusion!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Diminuendo
Re: Move over NGP... Introducing the Gamecube Fusion!

Post by Diminuendo » Mon May 09, 2011 9:01 pm

hailrazer wrote:
Basement_Modder wrote:
Diminuendo wrote:
Ashen wrote:I have to say it's not perfect...
copulate you :wtf:
WTF dude. Why cuss him out for not loving his own work?
Somehow the quote got messed up. It wasn't Ashen who said that it wasn't perfect , it was the only person on this thread to comment on how things were crooked on it. LOL
The quote is from his video, I was just saying it's an amazing portable, it's sort of like how Ryu says "I must train harder" at the end of a match he has won in street fighter IV.

so don't get me wrong, it's a-maz-ing

Biased

Post by Biased » Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Goodness gracias! Nice work, Ashen. I saw this on Hack-A-Day a while back but haven't had time to be active on the forums.
Do you have a build-log or maybe some design files for this bad boy?
The power port on it tells me it's a gamecube, but is it possibly a hard-modded wii?

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Biased wrote:Goodness gracias! Nice work, Ashen. I saw this on Hack-A-Day a while back but haven't had time to be active on the forums.
Do you have a build-log or maybe some design files for this bad boy?
The power port on it tells me it's a gamecube, but is it possibly a hard-modded wii?
Thanks!!

I didn't really keep up with my build log ( http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) like I should have ( to many projects going at once! ) I'll try to be better about this for revision 2 ;)

100% pure GC - the disc drive :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Biased

Post by Biased » Wed May 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Ashen wrote:100% pure GC - the disc drive :D
Neato! Hope to be able to get one that looks this good and in such a small form factor someday.

Looking forward to more of your work (if you announce anything more :) )

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue May 31, 2011 7:54 am

New video is up. Less of me talking, more game play and showing off what it can do. I didn't take any new pics. You guys get the idea by now. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywckV09cuV4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still a few small things to do to the black unit. I need to install a 8v step down regulator to run the fan off of. I've ordered the parts but need to wait till they come in. The reason for this is the fan I used in the 2nd unit runs off 5v but it doesn't keep things that cool. 8v should provide a nice happy medium between fan loudness and cooling. I also need to open it back up to re-install the filtering caps on the video and audio lines. I'm getting a bit of interference on both lines for w/e reason in this unit and I think that will probably fix it.

Putting together this 2nd unit had its own set of problems. I ended up killing the original MB that was supposed to go in it, had some more fan issues (killed another ATI cooling fan in the process). I managed to somehow scratch the screen slightly in the upper right hand corner... Its barely noticeable while playing though thanks to some "homebrew" ways of fixing LCD scratches, thank goodness. I went through 3 sets of L/R buttons until I finally got the painting results I wanted on them and I managed to somehow glob some epoxy through one of the tiny speaker holes. I also managed to epoxy in the SD card in the SD Gecko slot in this one... thankfully I was able to pry it out and clean it up. I'll have to refine my way of mounting things into the case for the next units... All in all, besides those few minor flaws I think this one turned out just as nice or nicer than the first unit. Glad to be able to move on to rev. 2 or maybe even a new project in between. Thanks again to everyone here who helped and supported me along the way. :D

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:08 am

this is one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen on the internet.
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:43 am

:shock:

very very beautifully done!
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Narik

Post by Narik » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:02 pm

New to the forums and I have to say...Fantastic work! There is something to be said about being patient and meticulous. It really pays off.
------------PSP Redux---------------Wireless Gaming Client----

Rohan The Wind Waker

Post by Rohan The Wind Waker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:15 am

How in the world did you fit the mobo in there ?????
Rohan The \/\/ind \/\/aker
I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:47 am

:D