PlayStation Network BACK ONLINE!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360
PlayStation Network BACK ONLINE!

Post by Haunted360 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:35 pm

The PSN is back online as this link here proves it.

Nah, but seriously. I think the 'Anonymous' team hacked it for sure. And of course, Geohot has something to do with it for sure...

Zero_D

Re: PlayStation Network BACK ONLINE!

Post by Zero_D » Sun May 01, 2011 11:52 am

No, if you would have looked around, you would have seen it has nothing to do with Anonymous or Geohot. Anonymous doesn't really do crap like this, and they always take credit for their work. This had to be someone or a group of people that knew what they were doing. Either way, Sony's crap security is partly to blame as well. How can you store customer information in plain text, and then wonder how anyone was able to steal it?

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Sun May 01, 2011 4:40 pm

This isn't anything geohot/Anon related.
This is just people looking to steal credit cards, I doubt they have anything against Sony. Geohot is arrogant, but he isn't stupid. Stealing credit cards is just stupid, It is close to impossible NOT to get caught.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

Haunted360

Post by Haunted360 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:18 am

Well I for one think it was the anonymous team. All they wanted, was to get revenge on Sony for what they did to THEIR console rights and Geohot (which was, to remove the other OS function and sue him as you should know for the jailbreak).

For that, they have searched the database and published the Sony executive's addresses, names, family members, phone numbers and more to expose their identity to the world.

They are not after credit card details. If they wanted them, they would of done that and only that already. Don't worry.

Their goal I reckon is to let Sony give in, and add the other OS functionality back as well as enable the jailbreak for playing backups.

It isn't over yet I reckon.

The way I see it is, they will breach it again and Sony will fall (which sucks)...

BUT SEGA WILL RISE ONCE AGAIN!!!!

lol. To far...

Zero_D

Post by Zero_D » Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 am

You have absolutely no proof. Anonymous denied the attacks themselves, and like I said, if they did it they wouldn't be afraid to take credit and go public with their motives like they always do. Apparently, the European portion of the database, including credit card numbers, was put up for auction recently as well (although whether that's for sure or just a rumor is impossible to know). Either way, this definitely seems like it was done by someone/some group with a clear cut goal of going in, taking as much information as possible (yes, including credit cards), and getting out. The reason the credit card information hasn't been used en masse yet is quite simple. A single person or group hoarding and using all those stolen CCs at once has a very high chance of getting caught, especially considering the worldwide coverage this story has received and with the FBI and others getting involved.

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:17 am

lol.
its not anon related, it originated from asia (some kid apparently)
from there, it just took off
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon May 02, 2011 12:29 pm

maybe it was Microsoft headed by apple designers stolen brain tissue... I don't not believe that

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:04 pm

it couldnt be cennar, everyone knows apple and microsoft are run by the same guy with a reverse fat-suit

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon May 02, 2011 4:22 pm

it's a reversible fat suit being run by Job's missing brain matter. if we could only get the rest of job's brain behind the suit there might be hope for the world, when you buy the 7th gen I phone and it comes with the standard app "Ethnic Cleanse" you know I've been saying only the truth... Whats going to happen to me? I'm Metis with a Half black, half Irish grandmother, Dam you jobs!! Keep your brain cells in one place!

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:06 pm

I bought some from the eBay a few days ago

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Haunted360 wrote:Their goal I reckon is to let Sony give in, and add the other OS functionality back as well as enable the jailbreak for playing backups.
Fat chance. Enable software piracy on their systems? Great idea.

If Sony wanted to reinstate Other OS, they would have already, especially after all the Geohot stuff.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Regardless of who did it and why the fact of the matter is this is going to put a SERIOUS hurt on sonys reputation, of course they dont exactly have the greatest track record (rootkit anyone?) but if i had any sony stocks i'd be bailing like a rat from a sinking ship :lol: i've heard rumors of a class action lawsuit, and even if only 1/10th of the people who were on PSN sign up thats still millions of payouts if it goes anywhere, millions of claimants getting possibly hundreds of dollars each plus the lawyers phat chunk is a pretty big dent in sonys pocketbook

and yeah, anon probably had nothing to do with the whole thing. it doesnt jive with what most of them are about, they like to prove a point and embarrass/humiliate the people/companies they target not steal CC info from innocent bystanders as it were. but there are always wildcards

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon May 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Triton wrote:Regardless of who did it and why the fact of the matter is this is going to put a SERIOUS hurt on sonys reputation,

then it was Microsoft! you jerks!

Haunted360

Post by Haunted360 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:47 am

haha. M$ did it. I like.

Lol. Your saying, a kid like this
hacked Sony Computer Entertainment H1. hahahaha

They will probably break into it again and take it down. Sucks, because Sony is my favorite company.

Anonymous probably had something, to do with it. Even one of their members...

Anyway, who knows who did it. Could of been that guy I saw on the street who 'seemed' like a hobo. Just sayin'.

HOBO HACKERS ARE TAKING OVER THE INTERNET!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Post by com64 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 am

It's just baffling... they didn't encrypt their customers' data? Wow. I'm just glad I haven't yet purchased anything from PSN. 8) I'm not a huge company and even I encrypt my data.
Finally: the surface!