what's the dumbest thing a non-hacker has said to you?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

palmertech
Re: what's the dumbest thing a non-hacker has said to you?

Post by palmertech » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 pm

nightwheel wrote:Because that person was obviously was running some sort of scam or was being very dishonest.
How were they being dishonest? I mean, if he was selling it on eBay, then the price is determined by the highest bidder. If people want to bid up to $300 on an item, then it is not the seller's fault. :P Heck, even right now, that particular model is going for over $200 quite frequently!

I have a good story: Last week, I got some feedback on eBay, dumbest I have ever heard. "A++! Great headphones, amazing sound quality."

They were a pair of Beats by Dre. :lol:

Excellent

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:29 am

also snow tires on cars that can pop clutch.... ok snow tires on snow HELP key word HELP keep traction. they still slip trust me! Smoking tires... there's defiantly enough butter in most light pickups to light up the rear end. there's only so much rubber can take.

Sorry I couldn't look at this thread with out considering posting back at that... had to happen.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 pm

if anything snow tires would be easier to break loose on dry because of the agressive tread pattern and studs. better grip on snow etc but not on dry pavement lol

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:49 pm

I've had plenty of people tell me that making a hand-held is impossible. That's about it really, I don't talk to stupid people, so I don't have to put up with stupid comments.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Triton wrote:if anything snow tires would be easier to break loose on dry because of the agressive tread pattern and studs. better grip on snow etc but not on dry pavement lol
totally try driving on snow then suddenly wet sandy pavement, then snow again then sandy... I try not to think the car will keep it self on the road after a wile, and I sort of look forward to skiing with my car when I'm doing a mountain pass. Actually I need to get some new tires...

bentendo64

Post by bentendo64 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:50 pm

I just thought it was kinda funny how he said that he can't spin the tires, then like 3 minutes later, he said he could haha :lol:
http://bentendo64.co.cc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Mmm, extra performance for free. The essence of overclocking."

cennar

Post by cennar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:03 pm

This winter was my first time on ice with a car. Where I lived for the last ten years I never saw snow... Finaly I did lots and lots of doughnuts, in a front wheel drive buick. this is imortant, you need to know how your car acts when it loses traction. so far i've had to use this out on the crows nest. the winter on this end of the country you've got people driving up to the mountians and snow boarding off the side of the roads down the mountains. On the way back you need all your skiing to keep your car from going off the edge. So many times with the girl friend not rolling me smokes telling me if I've been looking over the edge recently... Don't look over the edge just drive...

non hackers are some thing you will learn to love, they are the people who will love what you do and pay you to gift them with the same thing, now because they don't know what it takes they will rely on you to do a better job and put more money out than if they had tried to do it alone. I've got relationships with mechanics like that too, some will work for a few beers or a joint or some thing like that.

I love helping cats out with stuff. Dumb non hackers will ask you if you reprogrammed that Ipad to play n64 games or wonder still if you can make them I pod apps from seeing your hardware hacks on PCs. so when they do, explain slowly, then give them a email or business card. I just got approached by the second musician in two weeks to do a music video. I'm sitting here on the LSD25 and it's still looking rough. I'm practicing moving people around again. so he wants a video for another album. I'll do that.

Nintendo Fanboy
360 GamerTag:Ownedbyanade

Post by Nintendo Fanboy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:31 pm

First ever post, i couldn't resist registering for this one (i am starting my n64p soon tho)

*in europe most people drive manual cars*
Girl in class: how do you go backwards in an automatic?
Me: hit the brake.
worst thing is she belived it, i lol'd so hard

i just had my own dumb moment when registering, i hit the button "i was born after 1998" or w/e
i'm 19... lol

techknott
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by techknott » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:30 am

About ten years ago, we had a new apprentice at work(PC repairs), so we gave him an easy job of cleaning dust from a keyboard. Hew proceeded to remokve all the keys and give it a nice thorough clean. Then replaced the keys in any old random order and could NOT for the life of him grasp why it wouldn't work properly?? Keys are keys he said :)

I won't even start with the tools that post on youtube I'll be here all day!