Wii HD rumors and speculation

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Skyone
Re: Wii HD rumors and speculation

Post by Skyone » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:30 am

As always, the rumors will turn out to be very wrong. Personally, I gave up caring about platforms as long as I get to play the latest Mario/Smash/Donkey Kong in a reasonably controllable fashion. :)

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 am

Bush wrote:A $250 controller is not realistic.
I meant "they will have to buy a $250 handheld to use as a controller".

If you have four people who want to play a WiiHD/3DS link game (say a virtual board game where the 3DSes are used for info you don't want the other players to see), you have to have the console itself (say $350), four 3DSes ($250 each), and the game itself ($60), so about $1,400 in hardware. It's not very practical. They might communicate through BlueTooth for data transfers, but I don't see it working as a VMU-style second screen. Never mind that the Wii and DS didn't have this functionality either.

Bush

Post by Bush » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 am

Just because it may have the functionality to use the 3ds as a controller doesn't mean that it will require it. On nearly all of the GC-GBA games the link was optional and you could play without it. Also, the point of the rumored controller is exactly the functionality you described.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:31 am

Skyone wrote:As always, the rumors will turn out to be very wrong. Personally, I gave up caring about platforms as long as I get to play the latest Mario/Smash/Donkey Kong in a reasonably controllable fashion. :)
I am in the exact same boat.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:09 pm

I honestly don't care about new consoles anymore. VImageV I've mostly gone back to computer games, where I started.

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:
Skyone wrote:As always, the rumors will turn out to be very wrong. Personally, I gave up caring about platforms as long as I get to play the latest Mario/Smash/Donkey Kong in a reasonably controllable fashion. :)
I am in the exact same boat.

SS
hells yeah, No more shake tv remote and win button attack!

Also the kenect is wicked, read the last month of hackaday posts, there all kenects being built to do things like scan in your friends faces so you can 3d print them off as ice cube tray portraits. though deving the wii mote for things was pretty novel too... still though, there are tons of stuff that goes about the same direction the wii-motes after. Not many 3d cameras are doing the job those Kenects things are packaged for.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 am

Nintendo confirms a Wii successor is in the works. And that more info will be released at E3, along with a playable model.

http://kotaku.com/#!5795241/nintendo-co ... -successor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Hifeno » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Has anyone read the blurry writting in this picture.
It says Easy Portabilty from PC, Xbox 360
Anytime Live Update Past Release
Intergrated into the Framework.

Why would Nintendo's next system be portable to the Xbox 360 or the PC. This is the most fake thing I have ever seen.
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bush

Post by Bush » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Not so sure, there have been a few pictures of different colored consoles that look exactly like that.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Hifeno wrote:Why would Nintendo's next system be portable to the Xbox 360 or the PC.
I think they mean it's easy to port from those platforms to whatever this is.

Probably means it's a PowerPC CPU matched up with an adequate ATI video chipset, running OpenGL.

Hifeno

Post by Hifeno » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:53 am

Well I read several rumors that it was suppose to look like a Futuristic Super Nintendo and that looks more like a rounded off Wii. Something about Nintendo wants to get back to the hardcore days of the Super Nintendo.
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bush

Post by Bush » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:33 am

Well, I've read that to, but I've seen two other pics that look exactly like that system in brown and white.

Hifeno

Post by Hifeno » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 pm

No mention of PS3 in there does that mean it is less powerful?
That's Hacking Awsome

Bush

Post by Bush » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:54 pm

I think the PC and Xbox have more similar architecture to the new system.

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 am

woah that thing looks like a printer on one end... cant say it says any thing, expecialy since e3 is in June. I hope they keep going backwards to sell stuff that usually works well for them. Plays game cube Wii Game boy DS and n64 game right now! wait till next Christmas for more old ports of games you can play in your sleep by now!! My hopes is they keep the Wii motes, and pump up the graphics enough to play some decent games. Like Developers play with these wii motes but toss out the Wiis. Trust me they do, I've seen to many of these things hooked up to 360s, and I've still not played any thing designed to really use the wii mote that way. I've also met dumb testers who have gotten all excited for a day over the wii mote thinking out loud "well this is why the graphics suck, they had to make the Wii mote work." then after one day of playing with these things they out them down and get back to work.

Also the Buzz over another Wii will come from two Groups, Old people and really young kids, those are they groups it's made for. Don't expect you'll play a new GTA on this or Black Ops