A Trading Post For Portables Only!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

King Kolton9
A Trading Post For Portables Only!

Post by King Kolton9 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:30 pm

I think a trading post for portables only would be a great idea, because you dont have to search on ebay, or look around the web for a cheap one! :mrgreen: I also think, that it would be grat to have like a custom order section, where you could get estimates through a estimate function like on the side to see how much it would cost on average based on the features, of the portable, and type of system, and ask other members to make one for you! I think it could really improve the trading post! (Not to be off topic but I think there should be a buy button option beside things for sale, and it would start the comment: "I would like to buy (Insert item here).")
Ever heard the saying "Half full, or half empty?"
Well, If you measure the cup, and put a line in the middle, and fill to the line, it's half full, but If you fill it to the top, and drink to the line it's half empty!

Muniosi

Re: A Trading Post For Portables Only!

Post by Muniosi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Great idea!

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Muniosi wrote:Great idea!
Thank you very much!
Well, If you measure the cup, and put a line in the middle, and fill to the line, it's half full, but If you fill it to the top, and drink to the line it's half empty!

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:05 pm

This is like communism: good in theory, perhaps great, but would fail if attempted in real life.

Different modders will charge different amounts for portables. I would charge about $550 for a basic GCp. Hail would charge more like $850. Still, he's the one they'd buy from. One calculator for all wouldn't be enough.

Also, too few portables get traded on the forums to justify this.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Basement_Modder wrote:Also, too few portables get traded on the forums to justify this.
This. Also, is it that hard to make a thread and say, "I want to commision a portable with X and Y, but not Z in a portable Gamestation X. What would you charge?"

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:27 am

Basement_Modder wrote:This is like communism: good in theory, perhaps great, but would fail if attempted in real life.

Different modders will charge different amounts for portables. I would charge about $550 for a basic GCp. Hail would charge more like $850. Still, he's the one they'd buy from. One calculator for all wouldn't be enough.

I see. how about a person registers their own caculator?

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 pm

King Kolton9 wrote:
Basement_Modder wrote:This is like communism: good in theory, perhaps great, but would fail if attempted in real life.

I see. how about a person registers their own caculator?
Not worth it for the business they get.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Bush

Post by Bush » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 am

My friend and I were actually going to do something like this.