Benheck Experience (BHE) at Midwest Gaming Classic 2011

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benheck
Site Admin
Benheck Experience (BHE) at Midwest Gaming Classic 2011

Post by benheck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Hello everyone, Ben here. I'm not dead. I do sometimes check the forums. Then play Bad Company 2.

Anyway, we're in the planning stages again for the Midwest Gaming Classic. Current parameters:
  • We'll probably have a new, bigger room, most likely the one that had pinball repair last time. Might be some arcade / pinball overflow in there too. Should have this nailed down soon.

Episode 17 of the Ben Heck Show will be filming at MGC. This is the "Pinball Wars" episode, and my arch-nemesis Jeri Ellsworth will be joining us. We're spending the week before the show working on our new machines to show off. Jason Jones will be present as well, so we may do a podcast.

Pinballs at BHE: "Bill Paxton Pinball", "Lost" (prototype), "As Seen on TV" (Jeri's machine) and possibly "Tesla VS Edison"

Ben Heck Bus: http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/at- ... ial-deals/The Friday of the show, some tour buses are going down to Chicago to check out Stern and Partek. You can pre-register to join us on the "Ben Heck Bus" and Jeri's coming along for that too. We're also be filming more of Episode 17 along the way (which will be a super-sized episode, obviously)

What I'd like everyone to discuss below is what things they'd like to do / have at BHE. System repair, game demos, showing off your systems... the sooner we lock down things, the sooner they can be advertised so people will come check us out!

Let's all work together to make this the best show ever!

-Ben

Biased

Re: Benheck Experience (BHE) at Midwest Gaming Classic 2011

Post by Biased » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:25 pm

I'd definitely enjoy having a space to show off my portable (provided I can fit in the time to finish it with college) if I could get in there.

I've never been to MGC so I don't know but is there usually/has there ever been a place for the benheck members to bring the Trading Post to a tangible medium at the BHE? We could sell/trade our stuff with other members and people and save on shipping (going GREEN with my suggestions :P).

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Biased wrote:I'd definitely enjoy having a space to show off my portable (provided I can fit in the time to finish it with college) if I could get in there.

I've never been to MGC so I don't know but is there usually/has there ever been a place for the benheck members to bring the Trading Post to a tangible medium at the BHE? We could sell/trade our stuff with other members and people and save on shipping (going GREEN with my suggestions :P).
I know I traded with a few members last year, and I certainly wasn't the only one, but there was never anything official. Sounds like a decent idea to me - have a table/half a table or something for FS/FT stuff. We could do something like "hey text me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you're interested in anything here" or something along those lines.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Biased wrote:I'd definitely enjoy having a space to show off my portable (provided I can fit in the time to finish it with college) if I could get in there.

We did this last year - I was going to make a thread for it this year as soon as I get a chance to go through my crap.

With regard to the original topic, I hope to have a mod of some sort to show off.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:15 pm

if i get my transportation issues sorted out i might possible be able to bring a pretty large amount of stuff for sale/trade, like nearly enough to warrant a vendor table. it just depends on what i'm driving and how much i sell before MGC :lol:

Last year i did a few impromptu Q&A sessions about my various projects, i'd like to do something like that again, and maybe have a slideshow or something to go along with it.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm going to do live Nomad screen mods again this year and hope to have my nes 80s laptop completed to show off. I have a couple other projects in mind too but hopefully those will at least be started by then.

I posted about the possibility of system repair at Digital Press again, so far someone is looking for video repair on single slot MVS (probably a cap replacement or a new xxxx386 chip, whatever that means lol).

Hopefully this Pinball business doesnt interfere with Friday Night Karaoke

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:15 pm

bringing the n64 cart and some games/demos. Anybody else going to be bringing a TV?

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:55 pm

I can bring a tele if one is needed.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:I can bring a tele if one is needed.
I have a small 13" tube that would be perfect for not taking up an entire table if necessary as well. (with composite and RF inputs)
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:51 pm

I was planning on bringing up the same flatscreen I did last year.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Could we try and have a complete (or complete as possible) list of stuff at our booth by the end of the week?

Then I can put an announcement / links on the main site.

-Ben

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:16 am

I hope the karaoke machine has "Chicken on a Raft."

alentris

Post by alentris » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am

I'll *try* to have GBC Calculator Rev2 done by MGC, if my friend will give me his old broken calculator 0.o. Other than that I could bring a modded psp or something like that... Or I could think of a project for my n64 or psone...

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 am

Sadly, I'm unemployed and do not have the means of attending this year. I'll hopefully be there next year, and hopefully I'll be able to contact someone via this forum to fix my sharp NES tv there. The TV part is fine, I'd just like to have someone replace the pin connector, cause I'm afraid I'll somehow break the TV if I do it. See y'all next year...