Do you think this could be pulled off?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

ShogranDonos
Do you think this could be pulled off?

Post by ShogranDonos » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 am

I want to turn a Laptop, into a mobile Snes. Not like a portable with the controller embedded. Just Strip out the computer guts, Maybe make it a little deeper(I'm not really sure about how much room i'll need with a Fat Snes.)

I found This and was curious if I could just keep the Vga to screen and use that to keep from having to try all that pin crap of getting anaolog signal to digital signal. since I'm hoping I'de have plenty of room.

This is the laptop i have, And No i dont have any pictures of my own yet, The screen is busted, So I'll Need to repair that, but, Since I've already stripped everything out of the Laptop mostly, I want to make an M-Snes.

Thanks in advance for help/advice/don't do it comments. :)

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Do you think this could be pulled off?

Post by hailrazer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:32 am

No , you need a controller to run a laptop screen. :
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

ShogranDonos

Re: Do you think this could be pulled off?

Post by ShogranDonos » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Bah, I thought so, Guess i'll just get a moniter the same size, and see if that will fit in, just use the laptop case. Thanks Raizer :D