Ps2 Portable VIDEO ADDED!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Steam ID:MrAfterFx
Ps2 Portable VIDEO ADDED!

Post by MrAfterFx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Video added: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslLzy2hLjQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As some of you may now yesterday there was a breach in security here and in that process my account got deleted. So I am having to upload my projects again so here is my old post!

I have completed my very first portable a Ps2p! Here are some of the features:

1. External Hard Drive to boot your games from
2. 2 40mm fans one circulating and one exhaust
3. Comfy L and R buttons
4. Needs buttons for the screen but I am making my own
5. Fun as hell to play
6. Has SMS for media such as pictures, videos and music
7. 2 memory cards one is 8mb for free mcboot and another is 64mb for saving games both intergrated
8. Krylon white semi gloss finish with a coat of rust oleum clear 2x enamel so say goodbye to all fingerprints!

I couldn't break the winning streak of lazer doodle portables and I decided to make one that will look decent and I think I did a good job!

The only thing I need for it is a audio amp and a protective circuit for the battery.

More pics coming tomorrow:

A big thanks to Raizer04 he sent me out a free modded memory card and answered all of my questions! If it weren't for him this portable would not be seen today!
Last edited by MrAfterFx on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Re: Ps2 Portable

Post by Bino Gas » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:13 pm

It's a nice portable, but you installed the shoulder buttons incorrectly. :lol:
The nut with the teeth can be unscrewed and used to hold the button to the case from the inside.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Doggy dog world, you say?

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

I know that lol just did it because it felt more comfortable to me. I am trying to sell this thing to make more.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 pm

You should have no problem selling it because it looks nice. If it was half that size but had a bad paintjob, noobs would say its crap. If it looks that nice, however, they love it.

Great job.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Thank you Basement_Modder! This is my first portable and my next one is going to be half the size of the ps2 slim if I can find some money for the parts. In order to do so I will have to use a scph-7900x series and find where the traces end from the memory card slot and player one jack. Will update you guys when I start the project. Until then I think I am eligible to be up for commission!

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't know if I said this in the original thread or not, but that is one smexy PS2 portable. :mrgreen:

Nice job.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 pm

You did dude and I appreciate all of the nice comments. If you guys can offer me some constructive criticism that would make me even happier for a few reasons because it makes me a better modder. My goal is to one day make a case as beautiful as Hailrazer and at his speed. It took me 28 hours to make this case and like 25 of it was sanding, I sneezed so many times from the putty and I got one nose bleed from it. Hopefully I can get a camera and post a video on my portable being played, I have always dreamed of the day I can position myself awkwardly in front of a camera explaining and showing off the features of my portable.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 pm

MrAfterFx wrote:You did dude and I appreciate all of the nice comments. If you guys can offer me some constructive criticism that would make me even happier for a few reasons because it makes me a better modder. My goal is to one day make a case as beautiful as Hailrazer and at his speed. It took me 28 hours to make this case and like 25 of it was sanding, I sneezed so many times from the putty and I got one nose bleed from it. Hopefully I can get a camera and post a video on my portable being played, I have always dreamed of the day I can position myself awkwardly in front of a camera explaining and showing off the features of my portable.
Alright, constructive criticism #1: wear a dust mask. :P

But real constructive criticism? I would have made the plastic bump out for the fan on the back so it doesn't look like the fan is just stuck on the back. (and this quite possibly would have fixed what you were talking about with the buttons not sticking out far enough, which is why you left that spacer on the outside)
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Yes I got the mask part down now lol. And I will use a better fan next time and mold the shell so it looks integrated. Thank you for your help man!

Donalbain619

Post by Donalbain619 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:32 am

I like it very much. Lazer Doodle cases seem to make good portables. Although I would put a cover on the fan to prevent finger injury. The possibility is remote but never underestimate the stupidity of some people.
I have nothing clever to say here. Sorry.

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Post by MrAfterFx » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:22 am

Yep I hear you on that one lol. But the fan is impossible to hit with your fingers, even if you do it doesn't hurt at the least bit!

losrex
PSN Username:stking4

Re: Ps2 Portable VIDEO ADDED!

Post by losrex » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:23 pm

What battery did you use, and how long does it last?

MrAfterFx
Portablizer

Re: Ps2 Portable VIDEO ADDED!

Post by MrAfterFx » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:07 pm

3amp lithium camcorder battery. It lasts for around 1 1/2 hours.