Theres still Easter eggs after all these years?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

kibble
Re: Theres still Easter eggs after all these years?

Post by kibble » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 pm

I had completely forgotten about that ice key! Holy crap, just realized I never did get in there! :lol:
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 pm

My mistake; I edited out the "in an optional/hidden cutscene" while redacting the nightmare fuel.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:07 pm

kibble wrote:I had completely forgotten about that ice key! Holy crap, just realized I never did get in there! :lol:
if you use the L to levitate cheat there is a little cutscene ( or dialog at least) which is pretty cool, it was originally supposed to tie into banjo-tooie but they cut it from the game

kibble

Post by kibble » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:07 am

Triton wrote:
kibble wrote:I had completely forgotten about that ice key! Holy crap, just realized I never did get in there! :lol:
if you use the L to levitate cheat there is a little cutscene ( or dialog at least) which is pretty cool, it was originally supposed to tie into banjo-tooie but they cut it from the game
Dang it.. You're gonna make me go and play that game all over again just for that... cuz now I really want to see it. :lol:
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)

DK

Post by DK » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:32 am

Really good video about the infamous keys in Banjo Kazooie. The series also covers some very interesting easter eggs.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episo ... ion/709014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Triton

Post by Triton » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 pm

kibble wrote:
Triton wrote:
Dang it.. You're gonna make me go and play that game all over again just for that... cuz now I really want to see it. :lol:
i started a new game last night :lol: i'm on the swamp level now, shooting to actually beat the whole game this time around!

DK

Post by DK » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 am

If you get Banjo Kazooie/Tooie on XBLA you can actually find out what the keys and eggs were going to be used for ;)

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 pm

i saw the video and i think its awesome that they finally decided to complete the feature after all these years, but i'll stick with the n64 versions lol

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:45 am

Ah, I love easter eggs. Never played the banjo kazooie games tbh (plan to eventually).

2 of my favorite glitches:

- *in Super Metroid, using the infamous "Murder Beam" you can reset the entire game while keeping ALL upgrades. Pretty cool. But get this, using the beam in certain rooms and areas will COMPLETELY mess up the physics and boundaries of the area. This can cause room warping, odd events, time changes, and many other cool oddities. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK83i8Bw ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...wonderful stuff, the more you eat, the more you fluff
- in Super Smash Bros. Melee there is, of course, the debug mode. If you haven't heard of that, you seriously need to google that crap and try it out now! BUT, what I think is awesome is the Black Hole glitch in Melee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wgWoAslv2c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lolol thats not the hint. its your reward.
Image Image