t64 Resurrection

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

kibble
t64 Resurrection

Post by kibble » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 am

Hey all, this will be the new thread to continue all the stuff I was working on in the previous thread:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which I just went through to read the comments posted after the last time I had posted on there. You guys thought I croaked? :cry: :lol:
I noticed some people mentioned that they had sent some messages on YT and that I may have ignored them. I didn't do it intentionally, I had a hard time keeping up with everything and was overwhelmed. Sometimes I didn't even get a notification of new messages in my email, (which I wasn't checking very often either) so I apologize for everything.

There's nothing much to post at the moment, I'm just trying to start the ball rolling again, but please don't expect too much for at least the next two weeks as I'm working two jobs and work 7 days a week... I'm quitting one of my jobs (the one that makes me less money, obviously :lol:) and I'll have more time and *hopefully* more money than last time to fund the project.
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Re: t64 Resurrection

Post by Triton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 pm

cant wait to see some new progress! this is in my top 3 most looked forward to projects on benheck! (the others being Marshalls flashcart and electricrains GCIDE interface, which is on hold)

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:31 am

Triton wrote:cant wait to see some new progress! this is in my top 3 most looked forward to projects on benheck! (the others being Marshalls flashcart and electricrains GCIDE interface, which is on hold)
Does electricrain know about emu_kidid's Hard drive DD replacement for the cube? I thought elecricrain was out of the modding scene tbh.

(sorry, not trying to derail, just a quick question thats all)
Image Image

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 am

oh my god its christmas.
youre back!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 am

Tchay wrote:
Triton wrote:cant wait to see some new progress! this is in my top 3 most looked forward to projects on benheck! (the others being Marshalls flashcart and electricrains GCIDE interface, which is on hold)
Does electricrain know about emu_kidid's Hard drive DD replacement for the cube? I thought elecricrain was out of the modding scene tbh.

(sorry, not trying to derail, just a quick question thats all)
to the best of my knowledge ER boxed up the GCIDE and shipped it out to marshall, who might mess with it after he is done with some other projects. and ER is still around, just doesnt frequent benheck anymore. got any links to this HDD disc drive replacement? a portable gamecube is also high on my want to build list. my last attempt at it was unsatisfactory because of the stupid disc drive, but i've seen some clever ways to make it a bit more bearable lately.

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 am

Emu_kidid, has personally confirmed to me that the above picture is HIS work (a working prototype he has in his home). Ignore the bs that nintendo-scene says about it :facepalm:

Looking at the picture you can see that it would plug into the DD pins of the GC mobo. Emu_kidid told me it was 90% complete about 5 months ago. I believe he is waiting on his colleague to finish some things with the project (its a 2-man project). It will fully replace DD, be compatible with all rev mobos, and will work 100% speed with proper audio.

If anyone has further questions, pm me, but please DO NOT BUG Emu_kidid about this project. I don't want him getting pissed at me for sharing this information.
Image Image

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am

Holy watermarks, batman.

Oh, and kibble, I have some extremely valuable information for you, assuming you don't already know it. I'll PM you. If I don't get back quickly, sorry, I don't go on BH much anymore
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:32 am

So after 2 posts this thread has already gone off topic?
That has to be a record :P

Kibble, did you get anything done during you absence? Like ideas, planning etc.
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

kibble

Post by kibble » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm

jjhammerstein wrote:Oh, and kibble, I have some extremely valuable information for you, assuming you don't already know it.
Got your PM, thanks.
humakabula1 wrote:Kibble, did you get anything done during you absence? Like ideas, planning etc.

Didn't do much with the project itself, most of the stuff I stored away safely so I wouldn't lose it or get it damaged. I did, however, get my workbench set up a bit better to be able to work on stuff in one spot vs having to go from one place to another. I now have my soldering irons, supplies, oscilloscope, small tools, containers of parts, power supplies etc. in one place as well as a computer for general use and a monitor with video inputs so I can do all testing there. It'll make it so much easier instead of having to set stuff up whenever I go to work on something. Now, if I could only keep it uncluttered... It seems that every piece of flat real estate in my garage eventually gets taken up by something... :roll:.

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Let me know if you need any more info.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 am

jjhammerstein wrote:Let me know if you need any more info.
What info'd you give him, links to your almighty U9 wiring? :P

kibble

Post by kibble » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Was messing around with the n64 board that I use to experiment with and in my quest to save as much space as possible, I found that I can use some TinyLogic chips that contain one gate per package to replace U8.

Since I only really need one controller to be supported in the portable, I can replace U8 with one of these:

It was hard to focus on it since it's so small, but it works great.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 am

I love you.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:37 am

What kind of gate is it, and how do you connect it?

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:52 am

It took me a while to see what you were talking about in the picture! That is tiny.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!