DS booting issues

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Joes2Silly
DS booting issues

Post by Joes2Silly » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:06 pm

I got a DS Lite in a trade a while back, and of course it has issues. The hinge is broken, but I really doubt that is the cause of the other problem. Turn on the power, it boots fine. Turn it off, put in a DS game, and now it hangs and freezes on the boot screen! Turn it on and off a few times, and mess with the DS game, and you can eventually get it to boot, but sometimes the game won't even be recognized. What is the cause of this problem? Is it a dirty cartridge slot? Or it something worse?

official xbox fiend

xX13vamper37Xx
PSN Username:x13vamper37Xx

Re: DS booting issues

Post by xX13vamper37Xx » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 am

it actually could be the broken hinge, if the ribbon cable loosens up it causes all kinds of problems. mine would only turn on to a white screen and sometimes would'nt boot games then it just stopped working altogether... but all i had to do was open it up and plug the cable back in all the way :roll: