Use portable dvd player for xbox laptop screen

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

xX13vamper37Xx
PSN Username:x13vamper37Xx
Use portable dvd player for xbox laptop screen

Post by xX13vamper37Xx » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:23 pm

does anyone know if this would work?

http://www.espow.com/wholesale-portable ... eader.html

i was planning on keeping the internals of it except for CD drive and battery etc., cutting down the case but using the same hinges and screen bezel..(not sure if thts the right word) and then wiring the video straight through the VGA port..sooooo basically the screen would be operating separate from the Xbox.. same principle as using a computer monitor right?

dcwhat
PSN Username:DcWHaT07

Re: Use portable dvd player for xbox laptop screen

Post by dcwhat » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:39 pm

well it kinda is but isnt because this doesnt have HDMI, something that matter to me. but it may be too small for everything to fit, do some measuring before you start your build and have an idea whether it will fit.

xX13vamper37Xx
PSN Username:x13vamper37Xx

Re: Use portable dvd player for xbox laptop screen

Post by xX13vamper37Xx » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 am

i'm not super super worried about the hdmi, although i did think about it quite a bit. im gonna leave the port in so i can always hook it up to a TV if i wanted, not everything is going in the dvd player case..the top part of the dvd player (the screen part) is gonna get removed and then attached to a custom case i make for all the internals of the Xbox. hope that makes sense.. im trying to cut down on size as much as possible and this is the thinnest i can get for the screen.. pic might help
Attachments
idea.JPG
idea.JPG (29.04KiB)Viewed 3452 times