Im done

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Mr. Cool
Im done

Post by Mr. Cool » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:32 am

Hello everybody. Finished my wooden cased PS1P . I finished it on thursday, but didnt have time to put the pictures up. It's finished however it doesnt work. It didnt smoke or anything, so I hope its just a connection or something (Please go to the HELLPP ME PLEASE thread if you know what might be wrong). Its glued with hot glue (partly) which will change, because it doesnt look that great. Im also thinking of painting flames on it with wood stain.
It still needs a few things like L and R buttons (Im covering them with wood too).
Ive used everything official. Official psone (obviously), screen, and battery pack. The battery pack is awesome, because it has a charging light, and 3800mah! At least 2 hours of playing time if I get it to work. They are kinda big batts however as you can see I had a lot of room. You can see on the top of the case how there is aan outline where my old case was going to be, and now that I look at it it may have worked that way. Oh well.
well here it is:
Sorry about the fuzzy picture, my hand moved. :(
By the way, thats not a scratch on the screen, just a string of hot glue
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:37 am

Looks good! I'm going to try something similar with my PSoneP, but no analog sticks. (I loathe them for some reason.)

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:08 pm

bicostp wrote:(I loathe them for some reason.)
why do you loathe them? they are awesome!

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:15 pm

Probably because I used a computer keyboard for Macintosh gaming for a long time, and I got used to tapping the arrow keys a lot.

The analog PS2 d-pad was a real advance, in my opinion.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:16 pm

It's looking good, how thick is it? It looks like you'd have to stretch your fingers to hold it.

*o*

Post by *o* » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:16 pm

i am planning to make a similar case for my n64p just wondering how you got it to hold together at the corners
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Sun May 01, 2005 11:19 am

Its about 2 3/8" thick, but if I can get it to work ill make it thiner cause I have a lot of room. Its not too thick though.
I used Epoxy on three quarters of the case, and hot glue on the last side because I ran out of room.
Originally I was gonna use a PSX controller with no analog sticks, and have the buttons in the case itself, not the controller. But then I read a few peoples tutorials and posts, and I figured I could put it in the controller, and Id have more space in the case.
I decided to mount the Psone sideways too, after realizing that it would be hard to mount with all the wires. Please help me if you have any advice on fixing my PSone P
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

*o*

Post by *o* » Mon May 02, 2005 2:10 am

soory to hear about it not working :cry: i will do the same for my cas except i am going to use paint (to hide my mistakes)

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Mon May 02, 2005 1:54 pm

Good idea. I was thinking of painting it black, but that would look like i was trying to cpy the psp kind of. Also I really wanted to emphasize the fact that its wood

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon May 02, 2005 2:02 pm

Minwax.

*o*

Post by *o* » Mon May 02, 2005 3:09 pm

wood veneer (iron on[im serious{i really am}])

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Mon May 02, 2005 7:44 pm

I have good news and bad news.
The bad news is that its still not working.
The good news is that I found that the screen and battery still work fine.
My aunt who is an electrical engineer or something had a look at it, and we decided that its the psone that isnt working.
Her and my cousins are over from Ireland, and theyre gonna take it back with them, to show it to this guy, who is some electrical genius, and he'll find for sure whats wrong with it.
Unfortunatly itll be about 2 weeks, but at least Ill know.

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Mon May 02, 2005 7:52 pm

how are you going to get it back?

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon May 02, 2005 8:00 pm

ups, fedex, mail, carrier pigeon, cdw, teleportation, a really long fishing line to reel it back in...

*o*

Post by *o* » Mon May 02, 2005 8:53 pm

great atleast it will work

but psone are cheap maybe you should just buy a ne one