FS: Wooden SNES portable - LOWERED PRICE

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

Aspect Eleven
FS: Wooden SNES portable - LOWERED PRICE

Post by Aspect Eleven » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello, again! I started this portable SNES in June of 2009. It was my test model, trying to figure out how everything worked. It never got finished, once I finished the wiring, not to mention using plastic instead of wood for the case. I started another SNES portable, and used parts from this one. I have recently, though, replaced those parts and 100% completed this portable.

I personally made this custom built Super Nintendo portable. It runs off a Lithium Ion battery. With a full charge, it runs around three hours, which is about an hour more than previous models I’ve made. (Typically, an hour charge gives an hour of play, but I charge for 3-4 hours usually.) This time, I also modded the screen, so that it runs off LED’s, which saves some power, converting into longer playtime!

The L and R buttons are there and both are working perfectly. The directional pad, A, B, X, and Y buttons are there. All work, but the X and A buttons occasionally stick. This should be fixed after playing it a while. Since starting the testing of this model, the buttons don’t stick as much; as I said, they should get better with time. The select and start buttons are in perfect working order. At the bottom center are (left to right) Brightness down, brightness up, volume down, volume up. On the top right is the on/off switch (left is on, right is off). This switch is improved over the others I have done, in that you can play and charge at the same time; you don’t have to reset the system to run off the outlet. The yellow hole is for the charger, which is included (the system can be either on or off and the charger will still work). The speakers are on the bottom of the case. The case is made from maple wood with a thinned polyurethane finish.

In addition, there is the second player controller port at the bottom left of the case. Also, on the top left I have included the A/V output so it can be hooked back up to the TV. The cartridge cover is a new design, too. Previously, the cartridge would stick out the top. I personally think this way works and looks a whole lot better.

The system and screen are both used, but in perfect working condition. I have gone through multiple tests to ensure everything works.

Dimensions are roughly 8.75in wide x 6.0625in tall x 1.5625in thick (2.5in including the cartridge cover). The screen (viewable) is 5 inches diagonal. The whole portable weighs about 23 ounces, which includes a screen, mini Super Nintendo, case, and battery, so considering all that, it is not terribly heavy.

The SNES portable system, power cord/charger, and A/V cord are all included as a package.

Once it leaves my possession, I cannot guarantee anything. It leaves in perfect working condition, and should also be working upon arrival, but again, I cannot guarantee anything, due to it being mailed and not in my possession. In regard to this, I do not accept returns or refunds, sorry. I will thoroughly package it safely to help ensure that it does not break enroute. Item will be shipped as soon as possible, after payment is received.

In the event it is broken upon arrival or breaks thereafter, contact me, and I'll see what can be worked out :)

If you have any questions message me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Enjoy the pictures below! :)

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

[edit]I am now willing to let this go for $275 shipped.[/edit]
Last edited by Aspect Eleven on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bush

Re: FS: Wooden SNES portable - $300USD shipped

Post by Bush » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Wow that is beautiful!

The Smooth

Post by The Smooth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 pm

I love how the buttons are wooden.
Let's just say my portable has got loads of win!!! *hint *hint
Transformice is so addictive!

Normano
Steam ID:Normano5

Post by Normano » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:52 am

Wow, it's beautiful! :D
You made me change my mind so I will make a wooden case insted of vacuum form one.

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:32 pm

@all:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! :)

@Normano:
Good luck; it takes a lot of work, but it's worth it in the end!

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:15 pm

BUMP

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Bump...

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:22 am

BUMP

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Post by com64 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:43 pm

That looks like a great piece of art, but my only problem is... OUCH, A SPLINTER!
Finally: the surface!

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 pm

com64 wrote:That looks like a great piece of art, but my only problem is... OUCH, A SPLINTER!
It looks like it's finished well enough that you wouldn't have to worry about that.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:17 pm

com64 wrote:That looks like a great piece of art, but my only problem is... OUCH, A SPLINTER!
Indeed, you really shouldn't have to worry about splinters at all. I and a few of my friends have played it and have had no issues. Thanks, though :)

Aspect Eleven

Re: FS: Wooden SNES portable - LOWERED PRICE

Post by Aspect Eleven » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:59 pm

BUMP!

DanTheBib
360 GamerTag:DanTheBib

Post by DanTheBib » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:09 pm

How much extra would it be for you to post to the UK?
And what would the packaging be like?

ToastBucket

Post by ToastBucket » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Wow. I really want this, but I don't have $275 spare right now :/
This place is fun.

ToastTech Forums: Built with love.

Ampersand

Post by Ampersand » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Do you think my soul is worth $275? :lol:

But seriously, such a beautiful portable. I wish I had the money, but unemployment sucks.
Registration Information wrote:How much is 5+2 *
NO I'M NOT A BOT!...
... Four?